Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 08:46 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times

Advertisements

Yes, I know this crazy, but there's a dead mole in my carport this morning. I'm a country girl and not particularly squeamish, except for mice, rats and particularly BLIND MICE!!!! Anyone knows if Ridder Critter or something of the like deals with moles? More importantly will they get the dead one out of my carport TODAY?

My son just pointed out that the coyotes will probably eat it before daddy comes home from work. Why am I not taking comfort in Wild Kingdom going on in my carport today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 09:03 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Could you take a broom or rake and push it out into the street and then contact DeKalb County Sanitation?

Ridder Critter would probably be able to handle the job but I have only seen the cars/vans driving around and don't know what they would charge, etc.

hth

Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Just pick the mole up and add it to some hamburger helper. They really DO taste like chicken!

Oh, and the Critter folks are great for catching possums and Raccoons and things around the house, but be prepared to shell out $$$$ if you want to use them to move one dead mole and check for a few others. You'd be better off looking for mole repellents at Home Depot - just make sure the pets or young kids can't get to them.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:42 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
I accidentally killed a few of these things with my rake last fall when I was raking leaves. My cats were so jealous I got to them first. I haven't seen another one since.

If this is the only mole you've ever seen on your property, I definitely would not call an exterminator. Moles usually keep to themselves and they have no interest in concrete surfaces. This one was probably left in your carport by a cat. And if the cat is anything like mine, it probably cracked the mole's skull open and sucked it's brains out before leaving it there.

Tell your son to twitter his butt out to the carport and get rid of the mole.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Just pick it up in a plastic bag and toss it in the trash. I've found exactly 1 dead one in 4 years here.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Just throw it in the woods. The maggots will thank you.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:42 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times
Apparently yon mole was a peace offering from our cat. (She's been banished from the house until I'm convinced that the flea dip worked. It really is Wild Kingdom around here!) According to my husband the moles are here to eat the grubs. (Great, now we've got moles AND grubs.) Once we improve our soil and add organic matter the grubs and moles will go away. He and my son disposed of said mole, now I guess I'd better let the cat back into the house before she brings me any more 'gifts.' Ewwww!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:42 PM

77 posts, read 311,018 times
I am a city girl and terrified of all critters and animals but I would not pay someone to come dispose of one mole. I'd take a deep breath and shovel it up and toss it someplace else or in a bag into the trash. You can do it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta