Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,070,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
This is a good lesson for kids, though. I have no idea if "dolla" had a police record or not (would surprise me if any Rapper doesn't these days it seems). But - if you work for a label called "Konvict" and your latest song has the F-bomb in the title of it... well... hanging out with the kind of crowd that comes up with THAT kind of stuff isn't going to exactly put you in the safest of environments, even if you are a nice kid. Hang/Work with the gangstas, and you get the gangsta life, even if you aren't one.
I Agree, this is true, and it happens everyday. So many guys that arent even gangsta get killed, jailed or their life ruined for trying to be something they're not.

I've always been a fan of rap and as a pre teen and early/middle teenager I didnt care what the song was about as long as the beat was catchy to me. As a young adult I've pretty much drawn away from "gangsta" rap and 90% of the rap songs I listen to arent about that..............BUT..I've never actually done or wanted to go out and commit crimes or run with criminals at any point.

The main thing today is that kids and even people in my age bracket (young adults in their late teens and early 20s) dont know how to distinguish entertainment/fiction from reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,070,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Nothing surprises me anymore. This "gangsta" culture that seems so prevalent with my fellow ebony brothas is getting waaaay outta control. There is something that is lacking with my community that is allowing this disprotionate amount of crime & and deaths from those crimes to take place. What exactly it is I don't know, but I hope to find an answer...
I agree with you. I've never been "hardcore" into it........I've always known the differences between right and wrong...but at one time I was more "accepting" of the culture as a whole (never agreed with all of it.....)

I'm finding it harder and harder to even attend events and parties any more. When I hit 21, I'm going to the 21 and Up urban upscale clubs.

You cant even go to black COLLEGE parties with COLLEGE kids without seeing some of the same BS you'd expect from some the middle of some slum.

Granted, most of the crowd doest not go there to cause trouble, but still waaay too many people go out looking for a fight to prove their tough or something...males AND females...I really dont understand it.

I stopped going to Ft. Valley State parties last year at one point because a fight seemed to break out shutting it down early atleast 3 or 4 consecutive times. What gives????

It's time others admit that there is alot wrong inside of the culture itself, and people have some completely flawed mentality about things and very poor, strange logic.

I'm more into guys like "Talib Kweli"..."Q-Tip" now.....tired of all this "Gucci Mane" type BS.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:39 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,889,407 times
Please Mrs. Blond, get your facts straight. LA people are jealous of NO ONE. We don't have to be. Neither do people from NY. The only jealous people are from small places, unexposed to the world, with small views of the world. Get it right. Here's the article for your knowledge.

Earlier today Rapper “Dolla” (signed to Akon’s Konvict Music Label), was shot and killed in front of The Beverly Center Mall in Los Angeles, CA. The 21 year-old, real name Roderick Anthony Burton, was an up and coming rapper who’s song “Who Da F*ck Is That” received national airplay last year. The young talented rapper was first discovered by international R&B superstar Akon in Atlanta, GA.

So far the police have arrested one suspect in the shooting and are looking for the others. Witnesses say an altercation between two groups of men broke out inside the mall and eventually spilled out into the streets. One witness valet says he saw a woman firing a handgun towards the end of the dispute.
Sources close to the situation believe the shooting stemmed from an initial altercation in Atlanta, GA. No official word has been confirmed on the motive.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,349,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Please Mrs. Blond, get your facts straight. LA people are jealous of NO ONE. We don't have to be. Neither do people from NY. The only jealous people are from small places, unexposed to the world, with small views of the world. Get it right. Here's the article for your knowledge.

Earlier today Rapper “Dolla” (signed to Akon’s Konvict Music Label), was shot and killed in front of The Beverly Center Mall in Los Angeles, CA. The 21 year-old, real name Roderick Anthony Burton, was an up and coming rapper who’s song “Who Da F*ck Is That” received national airplay last year. The young talented rapper was first discovered by international R&B superstar Akon in Atlanta, GA.

So far the police have arrested one suspect in the shooting and are looking for the others. Witnesses say an altercation between two groups of men broke out inside the mall and eventually spilled out into the streets. One witness valet says he saw a woman firing a handgun towards the end of the dispute.
Sources close to the situation believe the shooting stemmed from an initial altercation in Atlanta, GA. No official word has been confirmed on the motive.
Yea my article that basically said all that was skipped over months back

Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,386,871 times
It was a setup from the get go from what I heard from an inside source. They followed dude all the way to la and were even on the same plane. It was all over some beef at the platinum 21.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,889,407 times
What's sad is that people conduct so many permanent actions over such minor/temporary issues. Whatever the issue was, was it worth this young man's life? Then you have Kandi's x-fiance (from the real housewives of atlanta) beaten to death from an altercation. What is going on with people!? Are some people so full of rage and anger that we're walking around ticking time bombs?

Old 10-05-2009, 09:02 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,386,871 times
Well... word is Kandi's x-fiance was sleeping with the dudes wife. That's one line you just dont cross because a man will kill you over his wife ASAP. Even though he should be checking the woman 9 times out of 10 his pride wont let him see it that way.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:09 AM

815 posts, read 2,127,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
It was a setup from the get go from what I heard from an inside source. They followed dude all the way to la and were even on the same plane. It was all over some beef at the platinum 21.
I heard that to, but I thought it was a little deeper than just a fight at Platinum 21. Why would someone fly across the country to kill someone just because you got the beats put on you in a club, perhaps that fight itself stemmed from something else. But like allot of things I guess we will never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Well... word is Kandi's x-fiance was sleeping with the dudes wife. That's one line you just dont cross because a man will kill you over his wife ASAP. Even though he should be checking the woman 9 times out of 10 his pride wont let him see it that way.
Dude also wasn't to keen on AJ's investment in the club, on top of the fact that he was probably messing around with his ex-wife. So you already don’t like the dude, then he comes and buys a piece of your business, then to put the icing on the cake he is sleeping with your ex-wife. That literally sounds like something out of a movie. Not to mention but from I am hearing allot of AJ's street associates were either jealous of him being on TV or they were not really happy with it, so Im pretty sure that dude had a serious grudge against AJ prior to this incident

Old 10-06-2009, 02:47 PM

141 posts, read 428,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
This is a good lesson for kids, though. I have no idea if "dolla" had a police record or not (would surprise me if any Rapper doesn't these days it seems). But - if you work for a label called "Konvict" and your latest song has the F-bomb in the title of it... well... hanging out with the kind of crowd that comes up with THAT kind of stuff isn't going to exactly put you in the safest of environments, even if you are a nice kid. Hang/Work with the gangstas, and you get the gangsta life, even if you aren't one.
How is this a good lesson for kids?? I know who "Dolla" was but never cared much for his music, that does not mean that I would teach my children to judge someone based on their name or the company they work for. I can name PLENTY of rappers that do not have records. While he worked on many mixtapes and underground music this was that young man's first major album, and just as it gets released he got murdered. The whole situation was senseless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: