Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM

625 posts, read 1,149,711 times

Advertisements

It's so sad to see how rappers out in the West Coast are so insecure that ours are on top and are such a success.

You agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,425,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
It's so sad to see how rappers out in the West Coast are so insecure that ours are on top and are such a success.

You agree?

Should I bother replying? Who on earth calls themselves Dolla?

Ooops!! There is a pastor by that name, right? (IIRC, It's Dollar, )

Sad to see anyone lose their lives, but how did he get killed? I hope it wasn't over money . (no pun intended). I hope I dont come out as insensitive.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,895,026 times
It was supposedly over a dispute with someone at an airport who followed him and shot him later. He worked for a record label named "Konvict" (how nice).

Atlanta rappers are FAR from exempt on controversies. There have been numerous crimes involving rappers in Atlanta from shootings/stabbings to fighting, DUI/speeding, etc etc.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:17 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,425,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
It was supposedly over a dispute with someone at an airport who followed him and shot him later. He worked for a record label named "Konvict" (how nice).

Atlanta rappers are FAR from exempt on controversies. There have been numerous crimes involving rappers in Atlanta from shootings/stabbings to fighting, DUI/speeding, etc etc.
More than likely it was over money, or respect....some nonsense, whichever way. I guess the Buck stopped there... (no pun intended)

(Ok, enough of the jokes already ....Too much fun for one night ).

Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,376,020 times
who is "dolla"?

Old 05-19-2009, 04:29 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
I was gonna throw my "two cents" in (hee hee) but realized that I've got nothing to add.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,322,035 times
How much hatred do you have to have in order to have the resolve to follow someone, with whom you just fought, from the airport to the mall? Do you think the suspect even had a brief flash of conscience in that getting sastisfaction just may not be worth 25 years to life?

Given that the rapper Dolla had a little bit of a douchey name, he seemed like a good kid and didn't deserve this. I hope that overly sensitive bastard who decided to stalk and shoot him gets thrown into a hole for the rest of his life.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:37 AM

847 posts, read 1,458,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post

You agree?
I doubt that had anything to do with this senseless murder.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,895,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Given that the rapper Dolla had a little bit of a douchey name, he seemed like a good kid and didn't deserve this. I hope that overly sensitive bastard who decided to stalk and shoot him gets thrown into a hole for the rest of his life.
This is a good lesson for kids, though. I have no idea if "dolla" had a police record or not (would surprise me if any Rapper doesn't these days it seems). But - if you work for a label called "Konvict" and your latest song has the F-bomb in the title of it... well... hanging out with the kind of crowd that comes up with THAT kind of stuff isn't going to exactly put you in the safest of environments, even if you are a nice kid. Hang/Work with the gangstas, and you get the gangsta life, even if you aren't one.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:31 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,322,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
This is a good lesson for kids, though. I have no idea if "dolla" had a police record or not (would surprise me if any Rapper doesn't these days it seems). But - if you work for a label called "Konvict" and your latest song has the F-bomb in the title of it... well... hanging out with the kind of crowd that comes up with THAT kind of stuff isn't going to exactly put you in the safest of environments, even if you are a nice kid. Hang/Work with the gangstas, and you get the gangsta life, even if you aren't one.
Yeah--you can't expect to stay out of trouble when your label is called Konvict. LOL!

Another lesson is that you gotta know when to just walk away from a confrontation. I guess his killer will have a lot of time to think about that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: