Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 09:36 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,537 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what your experience is in this community. How are the schools? Activities? Town Center? Is this community the mecca they're touting it as?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 9,265 times
i would like to know the same things....

Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Are you talking about the one in Douglasville, off of I-20?

It gets lots of raves from people, and the recent "street of dreams" home tourst were held there. The homes are typically top-dollar for the best built models, but they are more solidly built than typical homes these days (but again, $$$). They also have "neighborhoods" within the community with more affordable homes and town homes, but I've not heard comments from people on those. Sales seem to be high in that development however, and I haven't heard anything BAD about them.

The overall area it's in (again, if we're talking about the one I'm aware of) is "ok". It was in the past a somewhat run-down area that's being redeveloped. It's also close to Sweetwater Creek State Park, with a huge lake, boating, fishing, hiking trails, etc.

The company I work for recently got plans on some of the retail area they're working on there. There will be quite a few shops/retail and supposedly restaurants at the front of the development but I can't say anymore than that, but at least it LOOKS impressive.

Here's one shot I did of one of the homes when I was at the Street of Dreams there (below). Do keep in mind that this was one of the "$700,000+" homes.

This is their official web site for the community: - Tributary Atlanta Real Estate: Atlanta Master-Planned Community 15 miles West of Midtown Atlanta Georgia.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 6,488 times
Default Tributary mecca

We have been very pleased with our purchase in Tributary. We purchased a mid-priced home near one of the parks with the idea that it would give us better social, exercise and car-free retail opportunities. Socially, it has really delivered--something about the village layout draws people who enjoy a share sense of community. Movie nights, and book clubs, trivia nights and a wine club all happen quite often. A men's club offers the guys a chance to socialize around poker and football.

Exercise has been more mixed, simply because I haven't made it a daily priority--however lot's of folks do, with a jogging club and hiking trips--these group activities just seem to spring up, so one is not aways starting from zero. Some people hit the road last spring for a half marathon, others train in groups for bootcamps and triathalons. It is a safe neighborhood to exercise as someone is always outside, either walking the dog or sitting by the fountain, etc.

The retail has yet to materialize, but I give the developer credit for preparing the site, designing the first building, and activating a marketing plan.

Overall, every member of my family is better off for us having moved here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta