Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 05:44 PM

34 posts, read 129,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
Yea...its 55 on 285 and I have NEVER driven that slow. I keep with the flow of traffic and that seems to work (normally). But I also got that SAME ticket which caused my license to be suspended by doing 80 on 285...lol...it's a catch 22 really.
Or a catch "20" in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 AM

325 posts, read 979,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame247 View Post
thanks for the replies...so I guess I can expect a suspension letter soon. I've heard though that an attorney could help..what do other people think here, will a traffic law attorney get me out of this? I will be contacting one today...also, if I do plea bargain in court, there's no chance they will reduce it or something? I've never been to court so not familiar with all that.
Nope...attorney can't get you out of this one...its automatic

Old 05-27-2009, 03:24 AM

243 posts, read 704,030 times
go to court, say that u are sorry in ur unxperience u folowed the flow and therfor ended up to fast.

tell that u understand that it is ur self that is responsible for ur driving regsardless of the trafic flow,
say u want to stand for ur own errors and accept the judges rule and that u will use this to educate ur self and use the time to reflect ur driving so u can be a safer driver in the future.
and that u want to take clases about driving safty.

basicly be a man about it. (i did and got reduced from 1 year suspension to 6 months in Norway)

Old 05-27-2009, 07:12 AM

371 posts, read 1,555,305 times
I always peg the cruise control at the limit, I've never been run off the road, there is no point in hurrying between the jams and driving fast is tiring. But you are a kid so you like going fast, we have all been there, you should take it on the chin and learn from the experience, I expect your best chance with no lawyer is to show how sorry you are and hope the judge takes pity on you.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 PM

593 posts, read 2,894,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
I always peg the cruise control at the limit, I've never been run off the road, there is no point in hurrying between the jams and driving fast is tiring. But you are a kid so you like going fast, we have all been there, you should take it on the chin and learn from the experience, I expect your best chance with no lawyer is to show how sorry you are and hope the judge takes pity on you.
Have to speed to make up for lost time sitting in all those bloody queues on the carriageway.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 PM

9 posts, read 18,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame247 View Post
Hello..I found this site through google while I was looking for georgia speed suspensions..

I'm under 21 and got a ticket today for going at 80 in a zone of 55..that's over 24...from what I searched it will get suspended but I wanted to know is there any way to avoid that?

My court date is in 2 months, by that time I will be 21..what do I do over there to hopefully avoid the suspension without getting an attorney? Plea bargain? will that make the judge reduce it or something ?

Please advise..thanks!
Automobiles, they are so great until you get a TICKET. You can't get a ticket on the Marta Train though.

Use your head America.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:08 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,146,477 times
So is it an automatic suspension b/c the OP is under 21 AND he was over 20mph over the speed limit? What if he/she had been clocked at 15mph over. Would that be an automatic suspension, or a court date that the parents also had to attend?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 803 times
if i was going 96 in a 70 on the highway with flashers on cause wife going into labor got pulled over an given a ticket.. will i loose my license?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:54 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Happened to my kid. Same scenario. 6 month suspension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta