Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 01:39 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times

Advertisements

I wanted to get opinions on a ticket my wife got for driving without insurance. My wife and I have two cars with two difference ins companies. We decided to cancel the policy for the car she drives (it’s in her name) and switch it to the other policy, which covers the car I drive. I paid the insurance company, they sent the ID cards and all was fine. A few weeks later the ins agent called to say that he could not ins my wife (her car) under their mutual division and had to use their casualty division because she had a ticket in the past. I said OK. He switched things over (a few dollars more – no problem).

A week later I got letter in the mail that said my ins was being cancelled. I called the insurance agent up and he apologized for writing the policy wrong (under the mutual company). I said OK. He said he fixed it. We got ID cards, they got more money. A few weeks later I got another letter saying my ins was being cancelled. I called the insurance company and was told the insurance agent wrote the policy wrong again but they would fix it this time. After being assured it was fixed, I was happy. I was told that my original insurance agent no longer worked there (performance issue I suppose). A few weeks later I got a check in the mail from the insurance company. I called and was told that that check was refund from the 1st incorrect policy. I had already paid them 2x so this made sense. Long story short, my wife gets pulled over a few weeks later, the officer runs the insurance and says we don’t have any.

The card is impounded and she has a court date. I called the insurance company – furious. They said I did not return the signature card for the last policy they wrote so they cancelled the policy. They refused to admit any wrong doing and basically said it’s your problem.- I had been on the phone with them several times ( I have phone records) and no one ever mentioned anything about signature cards. BTW, I already signed signature cards for the 1st policy. How am I supposed to know about signature cards. I just paid them – or over paid them. Also I always have insurance – and proof to show that - i.e. I cancelled the other insurance policy (it’s not like it was cancelled). Would you get a lawyer? The consequences of driving without insurance in GA or severe: 60 to 90 day license suspension. BTW – this was in Conyers.

** Font size increased and block text separated by Moderator for easier reading **

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 05-27-2009 at 09:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 02:24 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Can you fix your font? That's really tough to read.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM

593 posts, read 2,894,654 times
Please use a larger font and put a few breaks in between paragraphs.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM

9 posts, read 18,297 times
Use Marta.

Advantage

No Tickets
No Car Wrecks
No horn honkers
No being run off the road
No Insurance issues
No Blind spots
No License required
No Stress (bring a Portable Media Player)
No wear and tear on your vehicle
No adding to the Atlanta Pollution
No Stoplights or Stop signs
No Weight Gain
No Traffic
No need for a seat belt

America will get it soon.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:21 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,130 times
Maybe it's different based on the county, but I thought driving with no insurance was a $600 fine.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Can't you just go to court with proof of payment? You thought you had insurance, you paid for insurance, and you had insurance cards. I have a hard time believing the judge wouldn't let you off with the paper trail you can provide. Then again....maybe a consult with a lawyer would be worth the peace of mind.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:20 AM

371 posts, read 1,555,494 times
Sounds like a mess to be sure.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousuckdotcom View Post
Use Marta.
You expected this to be helpful?

I didn't realize Marta operated in Conyers.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 AM

325 posts, read 979,674 times
Hmm....this is tough...if you have proof of everything you have said, take it to court and you should be good. If you don't, you will get a hefty fine and possible suspension. Future advice...Geico is the best (only in my opinion)....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta