Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 PM

2 posts, read 7,161 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a place to rent/buy between Dunwoody and Calhoun say in the Kennesaw and or Acworth area. Can somone reccomend is good place with non-existant to low crime and easy access to I 75 ? For a "good place" , I can streach my budget to 1500 (rent) $300+(buy).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,358,888 times
Welcome to hell. First off neither dunwoody nor calhoun is near kennesaw, and the 2 from one another are just far far. If you are talking daily commute... forget it unless you like pain and have free gas and can stop time

Acworth and ken have good areas with easyish access to 75.. 30152 and 30101 are generally great zips but are generally to the west and getting to 75 can easily take you half an hour or more even.

30102 and 30144 are typically crossing 75/575 and offer great interstate access. that said, i'll take 30102 over 30144 any day. the term acworth spawns 4 counties. the city of acworth offers virtually nothing of appeal as far as housing. there are some rentals and old homes and new stuff that isn't selling but thats about it. same for the city of kennesaw. so you will probably be looking outside city limits. that said, its a huge area with multiple zips and counties

Old 07-19-2009, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 7,161 times
Thanks for reply. My wife has landed a job in Calhoun and I am working in Dunwoody. So, i was thinking of a place midway between Calhoun and Dunwoody so we can split the distance and commute time.

I do realize it will be a 1 hr each way from Kennesaw for the two of us. I guess thats fine as we dont have any option. I just need to make sure we are staying in the right place so we have easy access to I-75.

Thoughts?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:37 PM

167 posts, read 860,544 times
There are many neighborhoods that fit the bill off of I-75. Try Wade Green Rd exit or Glade Road exits as they are residential. I live right off Wade Green and my husband commutes to midtown via Cobb Transit buses. There are lots of houses available below your price range. This is a nice, clean and safe area to live

Old 07-19-2009, 12:50 PM

23,303 posts, read 43,751,651 times
www.lakearrowheadga.com

Old 07-19-2009, 01:49 PM

5 posts, read 13,173 times
Default Bentwater

I few years ago, my commute was to Calhoun & my husband drives to the airport for work, so basically, we had a similar commute. We live in Bentwater, which is Acworth, but in Paulding County. I-75 is around 7 miles away. Our neighborhood is very nice with a great amenity package (several pools, tennis, golf, activities, etc.) & has lots of transplant residents from all over the country. If you search the Jenny Pruitt real estate website, you can search by subdivision name. Type in Bentwater & see if it's what you're looking for in a neighborhood. There are some really great deals on houses right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta