Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:50 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
I Hate comcast cable with a passion. I have had only a few problems with their internet but with their cable service I've had probably 15 people to my house in less than a year. And their customer service has to be the worse anywhere for anything. The only positive about them is their price, cable and internet for a year is $66, thats cheap. Charter is second worse and I don't have a lot of experince with either dish or direct although a co-worker loves his dish network, except when it rains, lol.
How did you get that price I pay around $85 and I think it just went up to over a hundred this month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 04:09 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Doesn't look like we have HD versions of those channels on Comcast in Mableton. Those channels are available in their non-HD versions, of course.
FX was the only one that you mentioned in HD, and as I said it's coming soon (in July). The others are all available in SD and have been for years. If you meant getting all of those in HD, then I didn't get your meaning correctly.

MHD has also been available for years too and recently changed their name to Paladium.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:21 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,079,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
FX was the only one that you mentioned in HD, and as I said it's coming soon (in July). The others are all available in SD and have been for years. If you meant getting all of those in HD, then I didn't get your meaning correctly.
Yes, the other poster and I have been talking about the HD versions of those channels.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:30 PM

593 posts, read 2,893,933 times
If I haven't yet replied to this, I have used dish network for the past 10 years and pleased with their offerings. I briefly went back to cable went my contract ran out and I wasn't happy with the cable. Couldn't wait to switch back. You get such better picture quality and love the on screen menus and interactivity. But most of all it is the cheapest. The rates do creep but they will make a deal with you when your contract is up. Good customer support when i've needed it and had a great installer.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:34 PM

593 posts, read 2,893,933 times
I believe dish network also offers a bundle now that includes internet.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:16 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
How did you get that price I pay around $85 and I think it just went up to over a hundred this month

Sorry about the slow repsonse. It's a startup bundle they gave us for 1 year. $66 for cable and internet then after which it goes to their normal prices.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:57 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,167 times
DISH network does offer no contract options for those interested in satellite and don't want to be stuck in a long-term commitment. Yes, you do pay more for the program packaging but you have freedom from not being tied in. I have had excellent coverage. I do think DISH is more expensive (contract or no contract) them DirecTV (separate fees for local, etc..).

I would never, ever consider service with Comcast. I cannot speak for Charter but never lived in an area where it was offered.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Yes, the other poster and I have been talking about the HD versions of those channels.
FYI to those people looking for HD on Comcast. They just added a massive amount of new HD channels. They removed a large number of analog channels from the lineup a couple of weeks ago here in Cobb and have repurposed the spectrum for HD.

I came home from a business trip and found the number of HD channels to be tripled overnight, including FX, Spike, MTV, VH1...all in HD.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:28 AM

371 posts, read 1,555,199 times
I hope people realise that only a very small percentage of the population will notice an improvement in quality with HD as it requires your sight to be perfect, most people claim to see a difference but in fact are fooling themselves. By the way, I am in the broadcast industry and have been for over 20 years.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
I hope people realise that only a very small percentage of the population will notice an improvement in quality with HD as it requires your sight to be perfect, most people claim to see a difference but in fact are fooling themselves. By the way, I am in the broadcast industry and have been for over 20 years.
Sorry, but that is absolutely, totally, and completely false. If you have a set capable of receiving HD signal, then you will see a huge improvement in not only resolution (3x to 4x the res of standard definition) and screen size (16x9 wide instead of 4x3 box) but if you have a surround sound system, you will also hear a big difference with surround sound quality sound.

Do you have a 1080p capable set? Compare the same movie on a Blu-Ray DVD to a standard DVD. Compare a 1080i broadcast of a movie to the standard definition broadcast. Same for any program.

Now...if the source isn't HD, then you will not see any difference because the original program was recorded or transmitted in standard definition. Maybe this is what you mean?

Last edited by neil0311; 08-01-2009 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: correct typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta