U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 07:24 PM

23 posts, read 141,487 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have a very important question to ask...I am planning to move to Atlanta soon with my elderly mother. Presently, my Mom has a home attendant who cares for her in her home which is paid by Medicare/Medicaid. When my mom moves with me to Atlanta, she will be living with me; however, when I go to work, my Mom cannot stay home all those hours by herself. She needs someone who can cook, etc for her. How can I go about finding someone who is a home aid that can stay with my mom at our future home in Atlanta and have it funded by Medicare/Medcaid....What should I do....Any social workers in the house desperately need a response....udee
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,582 times
hello, my name is Joy and im currently located in GA, i have 3yrs of nursing school completed going towards a RN degree and i am also a CNA. I have worked in long term facilites for 3 years, as well as working as a private home aide during 2006-late 2007 in MI. if you are interested or if you would like to know more please email me at {Moderator Removed}: No posting of personal email addresses and/or phone numbers, please. i can provide you with references and background check. thankyou and i look forward to hearing from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udee View Post
Hi, I have a very important question to ask...I am planning to move to Atlanta soon with my elderly mother. Presently, my Mom has a home attendant who cares for her in her home which is paid by Medicare/Medicaid. When my mom moves with me to Atlanta, she will be living with me; however, when I go to work, my Mom cannot stay home all those hours by herself. She needs someone who can cook, etc for her. How can I go about finding someone who is a home aid that can stay with my mom at our future home in Atlanta and have it funded by Medicare/Medcaid....What should I do....Any social workers in the house desperately need a response....udee

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 12-09-2008 at 08:24 AM..

Old 12-09-2008, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,407 times
Hello,

My name is Abbigale. I would be VERY intersted in helping you out. Please give me a call and I can tell you all about myself. First, I must tell you that I am a Christian first and foremost, and the mother of a 2 1/2 year old girl. I am very responsible and want to pursue my dream of becoming an elementary teacher. I want nothing more than to relocate to Georgia, where I also have some relatives.

I love to help and care for people, and I am sure if we could talk you would understand my sincerity of caring for people.

This position sounds like an incredible fit for me. Please give me a call to discuss this further.

Abbigale {Moderator Removed}: No posting of personal email addresses and/or phone numbers, please.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 12-09-2008 at 08:24 AM..

Old 12-09-2008, 08:19 AM

21,870 posts, read 14,002,301 times
All - please note that this is an old thread. It was started on April 15, 2007.

Also, please do not include email or telephone numbers in your posts, please send them via a private message. You never know who lurks out there in cyberland.

Good luck to you all.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:20 AM

9,191 posts, read 31,705,019 times
GROUND RULES:

Thank you, George - we found this at the same time and it's indeed old (posted before my moderator days) ;-)

Folks, it's against the terms of service for the site to post personal email addresses and/or phone numbers in the room posts (it's considered advertising).

If you wish to contact the original poster, please use city-data's private site mail feature to do so. Otherwise, I'll have to delete the posts. Thank you.

---------

As a side note, it is strongly recommended that anyone who requires an at-home caregiver thoroughly check references from those applying for such a request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: