Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 09:31 PM

22 posts, read 43,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
Rather than have a friend handle your calls, get a number of your own with a Georgia area code by signing up for 'Google Voice'.... you need to request an invite from Google, mine came 3 weeks after I requested it. Once you are invited to join 'Google Voice' you can request a number with a Georgia area code.

You can have one number for life, all other numbers can be forwarded to this number. You can set different messages for different callers, you can setup callers to go straight to voicemail, when someone leaves you a voicemail message GoogleVoice can transcribe the message and send it to you via email or sms (my favorite feature, I hate listening to voice mail!), with same phone plans, such as TMobile My Favs, you can save on minutes by routing all your calls through GoogleVoice, GoogleVoice can be set up to audibly announce who's calling... and it probably does more than all this - I'm still figuring it out.

So now I have a 404 number, and I suspect it will help with planning our move to ATL.

Thanks so much for this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 09:35 PM

22 posts, read 43,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I don't know why people think that Atlanta is GOD or HEAVEN. It's not! People look over all of these gorgeous and prosperous states and cities to come to some city filled with people who are left dreamless and filled with traffic. WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY! People leave Atlanta alone for God's sake. Look into some other city for a better lifestyle. This is why Atlanta is so overrated. Some people move to Atlanta just to moving to Atlanta because they think it's the only place in the world to live decent. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
For my practical purposes, I am considering Atlanta only because it's a city I've visited on several occasions and I have a good friend there. I also like the centrality of its location. But I'm heeding all the advice and viewpoints. Research on the web can only get me so far. I appreciate hearing it from people directly and of course, I will plan a substantial visit in order to make a truly informative decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta