Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 01:39 PM

9 posts, read 86,573 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I'm looking for a nice park in the metro atlanta area to have a family reunion. An ideal park would have pavillions or gazebos, grills or will allow the use of personal grills, nature trails, swimming, etc. If anyone has any knowledge of such a place please drop me a line. Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 07:29 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,527 times
Stone Mountain is a great option. Not sure about swimming but it offers everything else.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 AM

642 posts, read 2,218,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachellewms View Post
Hello all. I'm looking for a nice park in the metro atlanta area to have a family reunion. An ideal park would have pavillions or gazebos, grills or will allow the use of personal grills, nature trails, swimming, etc. If anyone has any knowledge of such a place please drop me a line. Thanks for reading
I know that when I was still living i Jersey and came down for reunions that we used this place acouple of times. I'd say they have everything that you're looking for.

www.thebeachccip.com

Old 04-23-2007, 01:08 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
I'd agree that Stone Mountain Park is an ideal location. It costs $8 (I think) per vehicle to get in. There are tons of pavillions with grills (or places to set up your own grill). Nature trails circle the mountain and go up the mountain (Hiking to the top of the mountain takes 20 or 30 minutes, plus another 20 or 30 on the way down. Hiking around the mountain is 5 miles, so that takes anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours depending on your fitness level.) There is a lake/beach for swimming that's open in the summer. You have to pay extra to access the beach. There are several fishing spots, too. I think you have to buy a fishing license for the day. Last time I fished it was $2 (but that was probably 20 years ago, so it's probably more now, but still pretty cheap).

Just make sure not to schedule your family reunion during the weekend of the Yellow Daisy Festival, because the park will be mobbed.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:50 PM

9 posts, read 86,573 times
Default thanks

thanks for all the advice, i think it will be stone mountain.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:20 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachellewms View Post
If you could stretch past the metro area to Pine Mountain (about 60-70 miles south/southwest of downtown Atlanta), you could have a fantastic reunion with every amenity you require at Calloway Gardens (including lake swimming, fishing, golf, pavillions, grills & picnic tables, bike rentals & miles of paved paths and incredible gardens).

There are on-site accommodations ranging from hotel rooms and family cabins to a luxurious new spa retreat.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:15 AM

42 posts, read 204,374 times
Default family reunion

Stone mountain Park. Do a google search for Dekalb County, there is an office within the county that will assist you with your family reunion etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta