Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 05:09 PM

13 posts, read 39,631 times

Advertisements

I am 18 years old looking for an apartment in either Newnan, Fayetteville or Peachtree City. What are the best places in these areas to find a 2 bed/1 bath for under $900? I'm from New Jersey and it is much too expensive to find a place here as a 2 bed/1 bath in my area would cost at least $1400 in a bad neighborhood. Also, what are the jobs in this area like. I work in a hospital as a janitor right now and make around $11.50/hr. Does anyone know what they would pay in the Newnan area and if there are good hospitals around there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
River
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 AM

63 posts, read 564,841 times
The job situation is dismal in this area. Most people here commute to Atlanta. There are not many jobs in this area,although there are hospitals. You could look on Georgia.gov and find out about the hospitals and go to their websites and look for a job. You MUST have a car in this area. Public transportation can be spotty in these parts. Atlanta has a great system. You could look on craigslist to find apartments or rent.com. Newnan and Fayetteville would be cheaper than Peachtree City although I would live in Peachtree City if I could.
Why do you want to move to this area. Do you plan to attend college or some other type of training.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 AM

722 posts, read 3,316,455 times
there may be a recession but the medical industry is booming here. Piedmont Newnan Hospital is about to build a new facility in Newnan and the Cancer Treatment Centers of American is planning to put their southeastern center in Newnan as well.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:15 AM

562 posts, read 1,790,754 times
Default yes

I currently live in newnan and you could easily find an apartment for that price. I live in one of the nicest apartments in newnan, I have a one bedroom, one bathroom and I pay $699 plus utilities. I also get one month free every year, so overall if you include that I am paying less. Peachtree city is goig to be a little more, but it is doable there also, although I think there are less apartment complexes in general. As of right now the piedmont fayette hospital in fayetteville is a lot bigger and nicer than the newnan one. But like the previous poster stated they are building a new hospital in newnan as well as a new cancer center here, but the piedmont hospital is not scheduled to be completed until 2012, and im not sure about the cancer hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta