Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 08:59 AM

25 posts, read 85,444 times

Advertisements

I know there maybe a million of these threads on here but I am too lazy to scroll through all of these threads, lol. Therefore, kings and queens of the forum please forgive me for creating a new one.

Anyway, I notice that a lot of not so good things have taken place with the school districts as far as jobs, salaries etc for the upcoming school year. I am wondering if you guys believe things will be better for 2010-2011 school year. I postponed my relocation plans until then based on the changes that I read about were taking place. Any advice will be helpful. I know Georgia like many other states have been hit hard and it is what it is.

I am a certified school counselor (k-12) and social studies teacher (7-12) in maryland and the US virgin islands. I am beginning my tenth year as an educator. One of my friends recommended substituting but I do not believe it will be financially wise f or me to leave a full time job where I am right now to become a substitute teacher without benefits. However, I do want to relocate to Georgia for a better opportunity.

Thanks in advance for all of the advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:45 AM

81 posts, read 270,102 times
Talking You've sent the wrong message!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSnewbie View Post
I know there maybe a million of these threads on here but I am too lazy to scroll through all of these threads, lol. Therefore, kings and queens of the forum please forgive me for creating a new one.

Anyway, I notice that a lot of not so good things have taken place with the school districts as far as jobs, salaries etc for the upcoming school year. I am wondering if you guys believe things will be better for 2010-2011 school year. I postponed my relocation plans until then based on the changes that I read about were taking place. Any advice will be helpful. I know Georgia like many other states have been hit hard and it is what it is.

I am a certified school counselor (k-12) and social studies teacher (7-12) in maryland and the US virgin islands. I am beginning my tenth year as an educator. One of my friends recommended substituting but I do not believe it will be financially wise f or me to leave a full time job where I am right now to become a substitute teacher without benefits. However, I do want to relocate to Georgia for a better opportunity.

Thanks in advance for all of the advice.
Be careful! When you wrote that you were too lazy to scroll down the posts to find info on teaching and/or counseling in the Atlanta area( There is quite a bit posted.), you gave some people the impression that you just might be a lazy teacher. Obviously, you were unwilling to go the extra mile to get what you needed. No school system deserves a lazy teacher.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
2010-2011 may or may not be better- depends on the economy, housing sales, etc. I'd say it'll be at least a few more years before we see huge improvements in the number of teaching jobs available. The reason they were in such high demand previously was because of the huge growth and influx of people, and that's going to take a while to rebuild momentum. I'd plan on 2011+ before it's easy to find a teaching job here.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoriexxx View Post
Be careful! When you wrote that you were too lazy to scroll down the posts to find info on teaching and/or counseling in the Atlanta area( There is quite a bit posted.), you gave some people the impression that you just might be a lazy teacher. Obviously, you were unwilling to go the extra mile to get what you needed. No school system deserves a lazy teacher.

As you can see I posted lol after my comment. I do not see how not scrolling through threads can be interpreted as being a lazy teacher?????? That seems ridiculous to me. I guess its safe for me to say that obviously, you are a judgmental individual based on your stamement that i was unwilling to go the extra mile to get what I needed. Thanks very much for your judgmental advice.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
2010-2011 may or may not be better- depends on the economy, housing sales, etc. I'd say it'll be at least a few more years before we see huge improvements in the number of teaching jobs available. The reason they were in such high demand previously was because of the huge growth and influx of people, and that's going to take a while to rebuild momentum. I'd plan on 2011+ before it's easy to find a teaching job here.
Thank you Bob. That is exactly the kind of advice I needed. I really, really appreciate it. At least, I can set my goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: