Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:34 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
Do you really think hunting is the same as making dogs fight each other?
Don't say he didn't warn you that this country is backwards and weird and it's not funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 05:21 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times
I saw a very good video clip on ESPN.com yesterday on this Vick situation. The guy reporting mentioned that a lot of people and animal groups want to see Vick change but they are too busy holding this grudge against him to reach out. To my understanding, some these groups don't want to give Vick the chance to turn around. I really respect the Humane Society because they put their money where their mouth is and stepped up, they're helping the guy help himself. I sort of hate to bring this up, but, Vick was a race-talk grenade...I'm glad that this isn't ATL's problem anymore (for those who think I'm full of it, go back and read the AJC articles).

Old 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
tough

I'll continue to say my peace, especially when people make absurd arguments to try and prop up their cheerleader, star worship mentality. I'm an avid sports fan, but there are more important things in life.
right there are more important things in life than to be worried about someones elses fate. Theres homeless kids and kids who arent getting proper food and nutritution and that are being abused. If you wanna show some concern look into how you can help them. We on here argueing about some dogs and that a man shouldnt be let back in the nfl when we have alot worse issues with the human race that we dont fight and argue over.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 AM

815 posts, read 2,135,997 times
Quote:
So shooting an animal that was hit first by a car and rednecks drinking and shooting off handguns is hunting?

Well considering that both were hunting trips, yeah I would say that qualifies as hunting. When I went to Mississppi shooting boars with high powered hand guns while getting drunk seemed to be the normal way for my friend and his family to unwind after a day of sitting in a camoflauge tree stand.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 AM

371 posts, read 1,554,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Well considering that both were hunting trips, yeah I would say that qualifies as hunting. When I went to Mississppi shooting boars with high powered hand guns while getting drunk seemed to be the normal way for my friend and his family to unwind after a day of sitting in a camoflauge tree stand.
You THINK they qualify as hunting, I KNOW they do not.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
You THINK they qualify as hunting, I KNOW they do not.

While I understand what you are doing, it really is besides the point. The stuff people do in the wilderness is not regulated, and people often times feel a hunting permit is carte blanche to act any type of way they see fit when they are up in the woods.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:43 AM

371 posts, read 1,554,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
While I understand what you are doing, it really is besides the point. The stuff people do in the wilderness is not regulated, and people often times feel a hunting permit is carte blanche to act any type of way they see fit when they are up in the woods.
What isn't besides the point is the way people are trying to rationalize Vicks crime instead of just accepting it was a thoroughly despicable act by someone who's responsibility it was to be exemplar rather than like this.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
What isn't besides the point is the way people are trying to rationalize Vicks crime instead of just accepting it was a thoroughly despicable act by someone who's responsibility it was to be exemplar rather than like this.

Not trying to rationlize Vick's crime, I am the proud owner of 3 dogs (2 APBT's aka pit bulls by the way) and just the thought of him drowning those dogs makes me want to leave work right now, rush to my fathers home and give my pit's a big hug, then go to my house and give my mutt a big hug. But at the same time I have to admit that it is kind of crazy for a society to to be all up in arms about what he did when other forms of animal torture and abuse are widely accepted and most (like what cows go thru in a slaughter house) are not even thought about. You feel what Vick did is despicable and I agree, but I also feel that killing animals for sport is also.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:20 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
I won't be going to any Falcons games this year, so I can't address your question....

I just want to go on record saying I wish Vick all the best and I'm sorry he's not going to the Vikings - Lord knows MN needs help in the QB position.
I was on the fence about him possibly going to the Queens, as I was about Mr. Farve, but I suspect he would have been a fairly good fit.

That's the one position the men in purple need some new blood in.

I guess Sage looked pretty good while he was in, though. It's only the first preseason game, but anything is good at this point.

I think the Vikes need to kidnap Matty Ice.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:16 PM

750 posts, read 2,275,970 times
He did his time he deserves a second chance. But it's Philly, so it's kinda like an extended sentence with extra yard time. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta