Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,393 times

Advertisements

So, I guess the way things work is that you hate someone one and then that hate materializes into a force that adversely affects someone's well being. My question is, if it doesnt do any good than why watse your energy with it. Idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
As I said I hope he gets on with his life and has learned from his mistake but I am intrigued by the correlation made between illegal dog fighting and hunting, that is really bizarre. Also by what is considered to be hunting, another bizarre statement. I really wonder where that kind of justification comes from.
You truly find it BIZARRE that someone would compare dog fighting with hunting? I understand you don't agree with the comparison but you find no logic behind the comparison? At the most fundamental level, animals are being killed for human enjoyment in both scenarios. Is hunting wolves from a helicopter or shooting a deer with an arrow and tracking the blood while it slowly dies SO different from two dogs fighting that the comparison is "bizzare"? I mean, c'mon... certainly the humane society and PETA would disagree with you that there is no equivalence there. In my mind, the one difference is that dogs are domesticated and the targets of hunters are not; as a result, there is a cultural acceptance of one form of slaughter over the other. Let's not bury our heads and pretend that there is nothing to this line of thinking.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 AM

750 posts, read 2,276,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogieman2680 View Post
So, I guess the way things work is that you hate someone one and then that hate materializes into a force that adversely affects someone's well being. My question is, if it doesnt do any good than why watse your energy with it. Idiots.
Yeah or call people names

Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 AM

371 posts, read 1,555,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
You truly find it BIZARRE that someone would compare dog fighting with hunting? I understand you don't agree with the comparison but you find no logic behind the comparison? At the most fundamental level, animals are being killed for human enjoyment in both scenarios. Is hunting wolves from a helicopter or shooting a deer with an arrow and tracking the blood while it slowly dies SO different from two dogs fighting that the comparison is "bizzare"? I mean, c'mon... certainly the humane society and PETA would disagree with you that there is no equivalence there. In my mind, the one difference is that dogs are domesticated and the targets of hunters are not; as a result, there is a cultural acceptance of one form of slaughter over the other. Let's not bury our heads and pretend that there is nothing to this line of thinking.
PETA call fish "sea kittens" so I have to say I cannot take them seriously in any way. The idea in hunting is to achieve a quick kill, dog fighting is nothing like that, and preparing the dog by shocking it and beating it is certainly not like preparing for hunting, so yes the comparison is bizarre.

Sea kitten and fries for dinner please.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:35 PM

129 posts, read 389,933 times
Umm, I guess no one here is going to the game.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 AM

815 posts, read 2,137,368 times
Quote:
PETA call fish "sea kittens" so I have to say I cannot take them seriously in any way. The idea in hunting is to achieve a quick kill, dog fighting is nothing like that, and preparing the dog by shocking it and beating it is certainly not like preparing for hunting, so yes the comparison is bizarre.

What about Bull riding, where before the bull is released from the pen, they shock the bulls anus and testicles with an electric stick to get it all riled up so that when the pen opens the bull is basically a raving lunatic? And last time I checked, 90% of the cattle in America is domesticated just like dogs, so what is the difference there? Bull riding is very legal, it even comes on ESPN. And dont even get me started on Bull fighting!!!! The social elite of Europe sit up in boxes and sip VOSS bottled water while watching a matador play around with a Bull for a while until he kills it by basically gutting it. Wow, what a crazy world we live in. 2012 can not come fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
What about Bull riding, where before the bull is released from the pen, they shock the bulls anus and testicles with an electric stick to get it all riled up so that when the pen opens the bull is basically a raving lunatic? And last time I checked, 90% of the cattle in America is domesticated just like dogs, so what is the difference there? Bull riding is very legal, it even comes on ESPN. And dont even get me started on Bull fighting!!!! The social elite of Europe sit up in boxes and sip VOSS bottled water while watching a matador play around with a Bull for a while until he kills it by basically gutting it. Wow, what a crazy world we live in. 2012 can not come fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree about bull riding and bull fighting, 2012? You don't believe that old tosh do you?

Old 08-19-2009, 10:39 AM

815 posts, read 2,137,368 times
Quote:
I agree about bull riding and bull fighting, 2012? You don't believe that old tosh do you?

LOL, what does "tosh" mean?? And no I dont believe the world will end, but I do think a fundamental shift in the way people view the world and each other will happen, or at least I hope so.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:41 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,905 times
Quote:

The point is that you think the difference between the fight and a "quick kill" is significant. Many others do not and I don't think it's a bizarre position to hold. At the end of the day, animals are being killed for support... there are degrees involved of course but the ultimate fate is the same.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
The point is that you think the difference between the fight and a "quick kill" is significant. Many others do not and I don't think it's a bizarre position to hold. At the end of the day, animals are being killed for support... there are degrees involved of course but the ultimate fate is the same.
Animals are killed for food too, I eat what I hunt and if I am not certain of the shot then it doesn't happen, by the way I think you mean sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta