Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:11 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
It was sort of a major point there, friend-duh!

Well one would think, that people who cared enough to pay big money for tickets to see and hear him, would at least care a little?!

It's the same concept as clearing your dinner plate from the table, and cleaning up after yourself. Have you ever heard of good manners? That's what the South is supposed to be about-lol. Unfortunately, there are far too many immature, selfish, big jerks out there NOW who don't give a rat's arse what ANYBODY thinks!

I'm guessing Dublin, Cochran, Dudley, Montrose, Jeffersonville or somewhere inbetween where hunters only take the best part of the deer meat, and leave the rest on the side of the road. Not caring about the stink that their neighbors and passer byers will be forced to endure. And of course not taking any personal responsibility for the disrespect and shear waste of such careless actions. Typical response.
Why these towns? Just curious. Heard of the first two, had to look up the last three to even see if they were real Georgia communities.

Not disagreeing with you about the carelessness of the concert goers, but why bash rural deer hunters? Most I know take their bounty to a processing house, have the head mounted if it is a nice rack and have the meat processed properly and dispose of the remains in the appropriate manner.

Or are you trying to make an apt comparison so our friend from South Georgia can have a metaphor he can grasp? If so I guess I get it, but being from a rural area south of the city, don't like anyone from Atlanta doing the redneck comparisons from people in parts of the state outside the metro area.

My answer to the OP is that the larger a venue and city, the less people take personal ownership. Mariettans and most Cobb residents take pride in THEIR square. Can't think that most in the greater ATL take an equal pride of ownership in Piedmont Park. They SHOULD, they just don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 05:09 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
It's just that sense of entitlement that Atlantans seems to have--the "I'm better than you mentality." I see it every day in the rude way people here act.
Let's face it- that sense of entitlement is not an Atlanta-specific trait- that applies just about anywhere in the US.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:55 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Why these towns? Just curious. Heard of the first two, had to look up the last three to even see if they were real Georgia communities.

Not disagreeing with you about the carelessness of the concert goers, but why bash rural deer hunters? Most I know take their bounty to a processing house, have the head mounted if it is a nice rack and have the meat processed properly and dispose of the remains in the appropriate manner.

Or are you trying to make an apt comparison so our friend from South Georgia can have a metaphor he can grasp? If so I guess I get it, but being from a rural area south of the city, don't like anyone from Atlanta doing the redneck comparisons from people in parts of the state outside the metro area.

My answer to the OP is that the larger a venue and city, the less people take personal ownership. Mariettans and most Cobb residents take pride in THEIR square. Can't think that most in the greater ATL take an equal pride of ownership in Piedmont Park. They SHOULD, they just don't.
Both. We once lived in the southern region of the state-those areas mentioned. And thereby know from many first hand experiences. BTW, we are avid hunters, but prefer to view our kills like the Native Americans-with the proper respect. Sounds like you do, too. Which is something I commend you for!

I thought it was a good metaphor, and true example. And felt it a good fit for this particular fellows ridiculous response.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 AM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,227 times
Quote:
I thought it was a good metaphor, and true example. And felt it a good fit for this particular fellows ridiculous response.
Actually, it was a poor metaphor; who skins a deer on the side of the highway?

And what was "ridiculous" about my response?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
Actually, it was a poor metaphor; who skins a deer on the side of the highway?

And what was "ridiculous" about my response?
Let's see, let's count the country paved, and not paved roads, in that area-shall we? Versus, how many 'highways' are in that area. And what do you get? BTW,I don't remember specifically mentioning highways or country roads-do you? Let me know.

And a lot of people skin and carve the good parts out of the animal and dump the remains on the side of the road. All one has to do for a sampling of this, is take a drive out to Danville during hunting season. You'd be amazed. There, I got specific, happy now? This example can be applied to to a majority of hunters in that area, based on the evidence (number of animals). And, it IS a good metaphor.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Let's see, let's count the country paved, and not paved roads, in that area-shall we? Versus, how many 'highways' are in that area. And what do you get? BTW,I don't remember specifically mentioning highways or country roads-do you? Let me know.

And a lot of people skin and carve the good parts out of the animal and dump the remains on the side of the road. All one has to do for a sampling of this, is take a drive out to Danville during hunting season. You'd be amazed. There, I got specific, happy now? This example can be applied to to a majority of hunters in that area, based on the evidence (number of animals). And, it IS a good metaphor.
Now you're just grabbing at strings.

Give it up.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
Now you're just grabbing at strings.

Give it up.

What the heck are you talking about? Now, are you just the token antagonist, or what?

Not grasping, but I see I hit a nerve, or an irresponsible hunter and human being, who would rather justify these outrageous actions with denial or the old, "everybody does it" attitude.

BTW, it is MY thread and subject, remember? Go away if you don't like it.

Last edited by picklejuice; 08-17-2009 at 08:16 AM..

Old 08-17-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:

Both. We once lived in the southern region of the state-those areas mentioned. And thereby know from many first hand experiences. BTW, we are avid hunters, but prefer to view our kills like the Native Americans-with the proper respect. Sounds like you do, too. Which is something I commend you for!

Also, the lad who keeps responding nagatively hails from that region- according to his acronym.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:43 PM

boo you.

write something that makes sense and we'll talk.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:02 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Default Sense of Entitlement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Let's face it- that sense of entitlement is not an Atlanta-specific trait- that applies just about anywhere in the US.
You are SO RIGHT--it's everywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta