Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:15 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,293,404 times

Advertisements

^I was over there at my favorite pub yesterday, and noticed major work going on at the Gold Club.

Is that where they're building Wet Willies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 02:15 PM

927 posts, read 2,216,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Atlanta will be a much better city when the following two things happen:
The Falcons win a Super Bowl (coming in the next 5 years)
and when Wet Willies opens up on Peidmont & Lindbergh (coming winter '09)
Water schmater...you have your priorities in order my friend!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:23 PM

815 posts, read 2,125,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
^I was over there at my favorite pub yesterday, and noticed major work going on at the Gold Club.

I think so, although Im not sure. I was at the Wet Willies in St. Petersburg a few months ago, and when the bartender found out I was from Atlanta she said that she was about to move here to train new staff for the Atlanta location they were about to open up. All she said is that it was going to be in the Lindbergh area, she didn't say were exactly. The old Gold Club would be a perfect location. In fact the whole Cheshire Bridge/Peidmont area should be the club district for this city. Im sure the folks who live over there wouldn't agree though

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
Water schmater...you have your priorities in order my friend!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post

Puhhleeeease let's get some more life plugged back into Atlanta..that would be great if they are. It's sad how dead this place now seems on weekends, comparatively speaking of course.

With Compund, Vision and Wet Willies we may actually look like a young, hip city again!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:31 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,213,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
The beltine should go a long ways towards this Atlanta BeltLine > Home as it will add22 miles of rail connecting to Marta at four points.

Yeah, that'll definitely help.

I'd like to see an outer ring, which would make it easier to get from the farther out stations to other far out stations without having to go all the way to Five Points to transfer. It'd be nice to be able to get from, say, Kensington to Dunwoody without going downtown and changing trains.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:34 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,899,183 times
There is already a kind of Wet Willies knock off on Crescent Avenue/12th in Midtown called Flip Flops Flip Flops - Midtown - Atlanta, GA and ::Flip Flops Endless Summer :: . Wet Willies wouldv'e been smart to get the location that this place is in because it's smack dab in the middle of a happening bar district already. I've been once and the drinks are the same as Wet Willies in South Beach. I really don't know how a Wet Willies would do in a location that isn't a real bar district yet. Seems like it would fit better in a place like VAHI/Midtown or The Buckhead Village Area.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Yeah, that'll definitely help.

I'd like to see an outer ring, which would make it easier to get from the farther out stations to other far out stations without having to go all the way to Five Points to transfer. It'd be nice to be able to get from, say, Kensington to Dunwoody without going downtown and changing trains.
Yeah seriously. I dislike the Five Points station. It just always feels shady to me. Man, if I had money right now I would totally invest in this lil city of ours, with public transpo being high on the list.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:42 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,213,162 times
Quote:
Yeah seriously. I dislike the Five Points station. It just always feels shady to me.
That's because it IS shady as hell. What a cesspool.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:51 PM

815 posts, read 2,125,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
There is already a kind of Wet Willies knock off on Crescent Avenue/12th in Midtown called Flip Flops Flip Flops - Midtown - Atlanta, GA and ::Flip Flops Endless Summer :: . Wet Willies wouldv'e been smart to get the location that this place is in because it's smack dab in the middle of a happening bar district already. I've been once and the drinks are the same as Wet Willies in South Beach. I really don't know how a Wet Willies would do in a location that isn't a real bar district yet. Seems like it would fit better in a place like VAHI/Midtown or The Buckhead Village Area.

Lindbergh is coming up though, I was over there at TacoMac almost nightly when the NBA playoffs were on and I was suprised at all the activity over there at night. The area a little north of there is already a kinda sorta strip club district, so it I dont think adding a few nightclubs would be a stretch. The key I think to it working would be to cut down on the cruisers who dont go to the clubs, but just want to ride back and forth all night and show off their rides. Most of those people go to the Old National strip now anyway that Buckhead has closed, and I think that keeping the club goers seperate from the cruisers is key to any nightlife district working. Crime I dont think will be an issue as the Cheshire Bridge/Peidmont area is supposedly a "connected" area (*cough* Jack Gilardi) and that in of itself should keep the riff raff out

Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 PM

72,798 posts, read 62,114,553 times
Quote:
That's awesome pirate. Public advocacy is always a great tool. Combined with some political action, things can definitely change.

At some point, GA will have no choice but to invest in MARTA especially if people in Atlanta, which is the HUB of GA's economic activity (make that the southeast's economic activity), make demands for its investment. Go 'head homie. I'm sure you could find some folks on here, including myself, who'd sign that petition with you.
Thanks for that vote of confidence. I am sure I can find some people to sign it. I am on a college campus most of the day and I can talk to the environmental alliances. They were the reason CCT expanded their route to the Chastain Meadows Wal-Mart on Saturdays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta