Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:55 AM

145 posts, read 87,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Someone has been listening to too much Neal Boortz.
You remind me of a point I was going to make before, but it was kind of beside the point.
There's a thing they teach in government school that follows some clueless people their entire lives. It's like In the beginning of those Harry Potter books we "fundies" are supposed to hate, lol. All the little boys and girls are soo excited to be going to school, but before we do ANYTHING else, we must see The Sorting Hat to find out where we belong. We must be analyzed and told where we "fit in" by someone other than ourselves, an "expert' from school.

Anytime someone disagrees with a disciple of government, he is automatically and without exception, "sorted" into a variety of "bad" bins. Denying a government school disciple the ability to "sort" you is funny to watch. It's like putting him in a round room and telling him to stand in the corner. Lol. just lol. Round and round he goes, will he figure out how he's been conned? Heaven knows.

Poor, pitiful fellow.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
I find this supremely offensive. I believe in public education as a matter of principle. I believe that as humans we are communal beings and we should be contributing to a healthy, wholesome community for all. I find the arrogant, selfish, community-despising attitude of Americans like Peru most repugnant, particularly when they express their noxious philosophy by putting down the contrary view in such vile language.
I'm sorry, every time I think I'm going to quit, I see another GEM like this one.
This person is very honest about who they are. I wish everyone was so honest. He(or she) believes we(including me) are Communal beings, and that it's our(including mine) responsibility to contribute to a healthy, wholesome community for all. He finds me repugnant because I have a noxious, contrary philosophy. I swear I couldn't ask for a better example!

This fellow expresses the CORE of government school teaching. What he believes is partly true though. Every good communist in the commune knows that individual excellence is noxious to the hive. Every worker bee knows that any bee that acts strangely, or of his own accord, must be stung to death and dumped out the trash hole before his noxious individualism spreads.

So congratulations, Rainy! You have been perfectly educated!

I, on the other hand, swallowed the red pill. Once you swallow the red pill you can't come back.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peru View Post
It's interesting how devoted to your goverment education some of you are.
Some public schools are very very good. That is the basis for my own opinion ... personal experience with what is widely considered to be a very good public school system.

Hopkins School District #270

Some public schools might be bad, of course. I don't have any firsthand experience with such things, so I won't comment on them.

I *do* think the sweeping generalizations being made in this thread are not as constructive as they could be, tho. There are a LOT of schools, students, and individual situations out there, and any one could be a good or bad situation at one time or another depending on a myriad of factors.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:56 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
There's a thing they teach in government school that follows some clueless people their entire lives.
Hate to break to to ya, but most "clueless people" are clueless regardless of the type of education they've received. That goes with the definition.

And no, a degree doesn't always indicate that one has a clue. Intelligence != Wisdom, as old-school D&Ders well know. One is the ability to absorb information, which is often useful, but the other is the ability to apply that information effectively. The latter is usually far more valuable.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 PM

150 posts, read 369,830 times
I don't get it, Peru. You are angry because you say people are against your "contrary" ideas. I doubt that most of these people think you're ridiculous for homeschooling, though they may not choose it themselves. I'm against you because you call people clueless, pitiful, child abusers who don't love their children, say they're drinking "Koolaid," and other offensive things.

If you're so darned FANTASTIC, why don't you treat people kindly and with respect so others WANT to be more like you? Instead, you act like everyone around you is stupid. (I'm personally still disgusted with the "child abuse" thing.)

It's Christians like you who make others run the other direction. Some witness.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,962 times
Quote:
You remind me of a point I was going to make before, but it was kind of beside the point.
Oh, please, continue. You certainly haven't bothered to stay on point so far!

Quote:
we must see The Sorting Hat to find out where we belong. We must be analyzed and told where we "fit in" by someone other than ourselves, an "expert' from school.
I guess we are each of us following our own "experts", eh?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Hate to break to to ya, but most "clueless people" are clueless regardless of the type of education they've received. That goes with the definition.

And no, a degree doesn't always indicate that one has a clue. Intelligence != Wisdom, as old-school D&Ders well know. One is the ability to absorb information, which is often useful, but the other is the ability to apply that information effectively. The latter is usually far more valuable.
Good point. I should clarify. When I say clueless people in this case, it refers to folks who never realized they were indoctrinated by the government school system. I would say that someone who rejects the mountain of evidence against Government schooling would be a little clueless.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
This person is very honest about who they are. I wish everyone was so honest. He(or she) believes we(including me) are Communal beings, and that it's our(including mine) responsibility to contribute to a healthy, wholesome community for all. He finds me repugnant because I have a noxious, contrary philosophy.
So does that make you an anarchist? "Me first, and to h*** with everyone else"?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:51 PM

(Last one....I promise)

Quote:
Good point. I should clarify. When I say clueless people in this case, it refers to folks who never realized they were indoctrinated by the government school system. I would say that someone who rejects the mountain of evidence against Government schooling would be a little clueless.
So just to make sure I understand your clarification: when you say "clueless" you mean anyone who doesn't agree with you. Do I have that right?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:52 PM

150 posts, read 369,830 times
Quote:
You can find a mountain of evidence to support anything. Like legalizing pot. Whaddya think, Peru? There's EVIDENCE. People SAY SO. It's on the internet! You must be CLUELESS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: