Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:00 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,424,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmama View Post
OK, I am thinking of another lake, clearly! I think there's one south of Atlanta in Clayton County?
Maybe Lake Spivey?

This might help identify the main bodies of water>>>

Georgia's Lakes and Rivers Map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 08:07 AM

150 posts, read 369,036 times
Yes, Lake Spivey is the one! Thanks. It's nice to dream about living on a lake! Actually, it's nice to think about living in lots of the areas mentioned in this thread and in the link provided on the first page. I wrote out a list based on the responses. I'll drive through them, drool a bit, then settle on something I can actually AFFORD. :-)

Old 08-31-2009, 09:09 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,607,023 times
Quote:
Cool! Roslyn, what's your book about?

Lake Lanier would actually be a reasonable commute since my husband will be working in Hampton.
It's about a relationship between singer in a hip blues club in the Old Fourth Ward and a gazillionaire real estate magnate.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:23 AM

16,647 posts, read 29,360,549 times
Quote:
It's interesting that you said Lake Lanier. This was one of our first ideas when we decided to move there. Do families live there year round, or is it mostly 2nd homes? I'd hate to have my kids live somewhere where there are NO other kids!

Rockmama,

I think you may have a potential place. If you are interested in lake living, you should consider the Lake Jackson area...close to Hampton in Butts County. Lake Jackson is right over the border from Henry County in Butts County. This could be a great choice for you and your family.

(Hampton is in Henry County by the way...in case you didn't know already! )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Jackson_(Georgia)

*something is messing up with the link, when you get to Wikipedia, just type in "Lake Jackson, Georgia"

Old 08-31-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
OK, I am thinking of another lake, clearly! I think there's one south of Atlanta in Clayton County?
Lake Jackson or Jackson Lake (same thing) located nearby in Butts County (and Newton County and Jasper County).

Close to Hampton, Rocky Mom! Check it out.

Good/Decent schools as well!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:38 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,424,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
TAH, I'm pretty sure that you're remembering my 'love letter' to the Chelsea Heights neighborhood (Streets are Vickers, Chelsea, Burlington, Coventry, etc). One of my favorite neighborhoods...houses built into the sides of steep hillsides, 'alley streets' like Burlington that are tucked away and best seen on foot. So charming.
Thanks for refreshing my memory. I intend to find this interesting neighborhood--certain that I must have been around and about it many times and never realized where I was. LOL--I cannot look and drive and have actually been lost in places that should be very familiar to me. Notably around Ansley Mall and The Prado. Then there are the trips on the long and winding Roswell Rd--so I appreciate the FYI.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:18 PM

23,374 posts, read 43,853,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Thanks for refreshing my memory. I intend to find this interesting neighborhood--certain that I must have been around and about it many times and never realized where I was. LOL--I cannot look and drive and have actually been lost in places that should be very familiar to me. Notably around Ansley Mall and The Prado. Then there are the trips on the long and winding Roswell Rd--so I appreciate the FYI.
Nobody could fault you for getting lost in Ansley Park. Easily the most confusing neighborhood in Atlanta.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Nobody could fault you for getting lost in Ansley Park. Easily the most confusing neighborhood in Atlanta.
Yes, ma'am!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 PM

360 posts, read 1,008,458 times
Decatur. I live outside Decatur now, and that's where I've established myself. If money were truly no object, I'd probably move back to North Carolina or Austin, Texas. I'm not an Atlanta hater. I simply haven't established roots here yet. But if I could live anywhere here and still needed to work, downtown Decatur ... or either Inman Park.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 PM

968 posts, read 2,613,191 times
Tough one. I love Druid Hills and believe you get the best of everything with its proximity to so many great areas.

Other places I would consider is City of Decatur (I love everything about it). Even though this is a traffic nightmare, I really like Atlanta-Dunwoody. Oh, and I cannot forget VaHi.

This is just too hard to chose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta