Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 12:00 PM

13 posts, read 41,995 times

Advertisements

Ok let me give you a quick background I am moving back to Atlanta after leaving for a year. I just missed it to much lol. Anyway I am 20 almost 21(in Jan). I am looking for good places to meet people my age. I wont be going to school until next year so in the mean time I want to meet some people my age. I will be living in the Kennesaw area. Any info would be great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 12:31 PM

815 posts, read 2,137,622 times
Not sure but I would think that unless you go to a local school here your options would be quite limited seeing as you are under 21. I didn't stay in Atlanta for my 18-22 years, but I from what I have heard from people who did stay here is that the social scene is limited unless you go to GA. State, the AUC, GA. Tech, or Emory. There are 21 and under clubs here but I wouldn't recomend them unless your into getting into fights over what neighborhood your from or seeing who can fit the biggest rims on the oldest P.O.S. car. But once you turn 21 you have allot more options open to you, from your age I would suggest MJQ on Ponce, Wild Bills in Gwinnett, and Frequency in Underground. My preference is MJQ, its probably the most diverse club in Atlanta of any age group and it is literally a hole in the ground but I have met some very, very attractive ladies of all colors in there

Old 09-02-2009, 12:34 PM

LOL thanks for the reply!! But I was thinking of a quieter place to meet people like some kind of group.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltolaxto?? View Post
LOL thanks for the reply!! But I was thinking of a quieter place to meet people like some kind of group.
Join a volunteer organization, other than that I have no clue. Good Luck though dude

Old 09-02-2009, 12:42 PM

Haha I will think of something I'm sure. I've been clubbing and while its great.... going by yourself is not as fun. Thanks!!

Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltolaxto?? View Post
Haha I will think of something I'm sure. I've been clubbing and while its great.... going by yourself is not as fun. Thanks!!
It depends what your looking for. Lots of people have a stigma about going out to the club by themselves, but its not really that bad. If you are more interested in hanging out with your crew and getting faded then your right, but if you are more interested in meeting members of the opposite sex you will come out better being by yourself. The way me and my friends go out we basically just ride together or meet up at the club together. As soon as we hit the door we branch off and do our own thing, I like to sit back and catch a vibe, I am very flirtatious, but unless you walk right in front of me I am not pressed to go clear across the room to approach you. My homeboy on the other hand is like a jr. socialite, he really knows how to work a room and he will not and can not sit still, he usually sees someone that he knows whereever he goes so I dont expect to see him again until the let out. And lastly my other dude will probably be at the bar holding it up all night. Either way we all come out better with the ladies going our seperate ways in the club than we would if we all huddled together all night.

On another note my friend who sits at the bar and gets sh*t faced all night gets the most play, I never knew sitting down and getting drunk will get you the most girls. Its all good, Im more about quality over quantity anyway

Old 09-02-2009, 02:05 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,654 times
Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com

Old 09-02-2009, 06:46 PM

225 posts, read 714,982 times
Are you planning on working? If you just need spending money, find somewhere that young people work. But, I really think it's best to meet people doing things you like to do - join a club, or a sports league - kickball, softball, whatever... if it's the right group you don't even have to be competitive - just have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: