Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 05:21 PM

67 posts, read 143,486 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about The Art of Touch Therapeutic Massage Center on 14th Street near Piedmont Park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,153 times
This place rocks!! A friend of mine recommended it to me and I have been going there for a year now. Very knowledgable therapists...not vey "spa'ish..." more of a welness place where they really get your body back on track. Not a place for you if you are looking for an Envy or Sydell experience. I have also seen some local Atlanta VIP's sneak in there and swear by this place...if your body is hurting go here

Old 12-11-2009, 03:26 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
A lady in my neighborhood, Briarcliff Heights is a massage therapist/Dog Whisperer type. She has an office on McConnell Drive--as you turn left into Mason Mill Park --Toco Hill/Avis Williams library area. LOL--I don't even know her last name but if anyone is interested if I happen to see her at the dog park--she goes and comes like a 'Phantom'--must be good, busy lady I can tell that--I could ask her.

She reminds me of a good friend---strong woman and very tenderhearted. This person does a good bit of dog rescue and 'Good' in the world. Doesn't say much--just keeps moving on--whatever comes her way. That seems to be the 'attitude' in Briarcliff Heights--private people, don't tell a lot about their lives---friendly, interesting and that is what I like. We Love Dogs--I can tell you that. All kinds of rescue of dogs goes on here---the Rufus Rescue at the Pet Supermarket at Toco Hill Shopping Center is run by one woman and anyone that cares to volunteer. Many people at the Mason Mill Dog Park fostered dogs and really knew a lot about training them.

LOL--my own dog, Lhasa Apso--is not quite 'fully trained'--generally he will 'Come'--when he feels like it --looks at me--alpha male--14lbs and sometimes starts running. He does know that I will ignore him if he does that and then he turns around.

Lhasas are terriers, indepedent, strong willed--not as 'Wild' as Jack Russells and some others, but trainers prefer to work with labs, shepherds and breeds that 'like to work'. Lhasas guarded the interior of monasteries in Tibet--Bark Lion Sentinel--Josh is great at that--guards his territory--a wolf at heart.

Dogs. There has to be a close bond between the dog and the owner--communication at an intuitive level--that's about all I know. Josh and I --take walks and when he is 'free' he stays close to me without any problem--protective as a Doberman. And much like a cat--curls up in my lap.

I like Lhasas--and many other breeds, FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta