Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:11 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,847,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemaw51 View Post
I LOVE HERMAN CAIN and listen to his radio program regularly...........there should be MORE MEN like him........! I saw some young college students that love him, too.........and I'm NOT YOUNG or attending college.......I'm just an old lady who believes in "do the right thing", I loved my country, the way is USED TO BE (B.O.), and I love Jesus. I'm THANKFUL for Glenn Beck, Hannity and the likes of them......it gives me hope that there's some semblance of SANITY left in America!
Some would call those guys a little extreme. However, you'll find MANY friends (and enemies) on the "Politics" and "Religion" forums... (not that you won't find some here also... )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 02:43 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
How many of you people that vilify these guys have listened to one of their shows in its' entireity? I find very few IRL, and as a result there is a great deal of misinformation out there about their positions on many issues.
I was at a party last 4th of July and heard one of my former colleagues referring to Neal Boortz as a 'vicious homophobe'. Well, I had to butt in and call BS on her (you know me)...NB has been consistently supportive of the gay community and of gay marriage, and has taken the religious right to task many times for their stand on it. He also favors decriminalization of drugs, which might come as a surprise to some, but these positions are in line with his Libertarian beliefs.
So, if you aren't a regular listener to him, them, or anyone else, and are relying on the opinions of others to form your own beliefs, then you are submitting yourself to the plainest form of demagoguery...the oldest game in the political playbook.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:54 PM

235 posts, read 838,096 times
Years back I was more an advid listener, but nowadays, I am burned out on talk radio no matter what politics it is. I do enjoy Herman Cain a bit here and there and more so than I do Neal Boortz. Herman Cain is more listenable than Royal Marshal (who used to have his own talk show or does he still?) LoveinDecatur makes some very valid points about Boortz. I can only listen to Boortz in small doses. I can listen to all view points just about, except for Michael Savage (just turn the knob off if he is on). Hanity's popularity baffles me, he is just doesn't hold my interest at all. So if I had to pick out a news talk radio personality right now as a fave, it would be Herman Cain (even if there is a lot I disagree with).

Old 09-06-2009, 03:12 PM

I feel you LovinDecatur.

But, just for the record, I've listened to Hannity pretty regularly, and usually, he seems pretty ignorant (and rude) to me most of the time. But lately, I catch him during Dave Ramsey's long commercial breaks, or after Dave Ramsey's show. I'll listen to the whole Hannity show if a ball game is on. It's always like a one-sided argument. I only rarely listen to NB, so I don't have a strong opinion for or against him.

I listen to Herman Cain too, but he gets a little annoying to me sometimes. His perception of certain problems is okay, but sometimes he seems a little misinformed. I recently looked him up, and I was just curious about what the masses thought about him.

Now the after Cain, Mike Savage... (Time to pop in the iPod...)

I don't feel any affiliation to any party or ideology. And people may think I'm crazy, but I think the Bush and Obama administration both seem to kinda want the same thing. (9/11... Propaganda... Patriot Act.... NCLB... Bank Bailout... Auto Bailout... Propaganda... Mortgage Company Bailout... Universal Health Care... ect.)

When Bush was president, the left complained, "Patriot Act - he's illegally and secretly taking away our rights!" Now, with Obama in office, the right cries, "Obama's trying to take over healthcare, etc. He's taking power from the citizens!" And all these issues seem to distract us from what's going on in the middle east, education, corruption, and poverty here and in other parts of the world...

To me, it sounds like the same argument and that they seem to have the same goals in mind at the end of the day... I sincerely believe that both sides are (purposefully) being played against each other (to our collective detriment)... but that's just my take on it.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:29 PM

45 posts, read 216,336 times
Cain fan......Boortz Fan....

And I agree that Cain shows that politics doesn't have to be about race.

Hannity drives me nuts! He is perhaps one of the most close-minded people around- and yes I am a conservative. If only Boortz was on in the afternoon/evening instead of hannity on my way home from work. I can't even take 5 minutes of that guy. He is like the Cochran of the conservative right wing.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
What are your opinions of Newstalk 750's Herman Cain?
The only show I like on AM 750 is Clark Howard. Everything else can go in the garbage.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:40 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Hannity loses me on the religion and abortion thing. Even so, I like to listen to all kinds of opinions to get a broad view. There are liberal radio shows on XM that I'll catch on trips to Charlotte or while commuting, to listen to another opinion. Some people prefer an echo chamber, but I actually like to listen to people with whom I disagree, since that helps me understand and poke holes in their arguments.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Hannity loses me on the religion and abortion thing. Even so, I like to listen to all kinds of opinions to get a broad view. There are liberal radio shows on XM that I'll catch on trips to Charlotte or while commuting, to listen to another opinion. Some people prefer an echo chamber, but I actually like to listen to people with whom I disagree, since that helps me understand and poke holes in their arguments.
I agree 100%...(except I don't have XM Radio )

Old 09-07-2009, 12:46 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Herman Cain is fine. Perhaps not as polished as his counterparts but he is on message. Most of those that don't like him are the same ones that don't like Bill Cosby, Chris Rock and/or Dave Chappelle when they are beating down on their own race....funny or not, the hypocrisy has to reign otherwise, what could the two sides talk about.

People that don't like Democrats probably see light in his speeches. People who don't like Republicans will hate him....knid of a visceral crowd on the left....it's agree or, we will kill anyone who doesn't because we are peace loving at heart......ROFLMAO!

Always takes the dropping of a big building or two for them to get the message....maybe next time, the aim will be squarely at Hollywood/West Coast or, the Northeast in general although, it appears they didn't get the message completely the last time.....

Sleep well,

Old 09-07-2009, 01:52 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,417,827 times
Herman Cain is a thoughtful and intelligent commentator. He continues to prove that there is hope in the African-American community, that there will one day be an African-American leader who actually has real solutions to the problems that exist. He also continues to prove that there are better solutions that don't involve the goverment. I am not an Atlanta resident, but I watch him on Fox Business. I don't agree with his beliefs on affirmative-action and in my opinion that might have cost him vital support in the 2004 Republican primary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta