Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 04:50 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,631,843 times

Advertisements

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2007/05/01/0502meshcover.html (broken link)

WOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,444,056 times
Default Almost 90 degrees today

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2007/05/01/0502meshcover.html (broken link)

WOW!

Call it whatever you want --but fewer trees--more asphalt--it is hotter and the air quality is worse.

Now that we know this for certain--I hope more green spaces will be incorporated. Have not been to Texas or Arizona--but from the posts I've read--the lack of trees is a big issue. I would do well in either area--sweltering, blazing heat--not my thing.

sls

Old 05-02-2007, 12:18 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,386,379 times
I got a kick about the Gwinnett Coverage with the current beaucrats talking about the "issues".
Issues are simple Mr.and Madam Commissioners.
Stop the madness.
Yes, we now have fees and more coming everyday due to run a muk developers coming in, slapping together nail gun specials and leaving the resident to fend off the tax man to cover all the infrastructure.

The best example today in Gwinnett is for one to travel to the Mall of Georgia.
Take Mall of Ga Blvd around to Rt324 / Gravel Spring Road.
Turn right and follow.
You will find they are building a nice new 4 lane highway to relieve congestion, but all you need to do is look left twice and you can see where the Gwinnett County Government has already rubber stamped 2 more developments with an excess of 500 + more homes and townhomes going up at the same time the DOT is trying to build the road. Yippie! 2 whole more lanes and 1500+ more cars.

Sorry for the rant, but everytime I read about the slimy politician in co-huuts with a seagull about greenspace preservations, all the while raping John Q public out of more fees while they sit in bumper to bumper traffic just makes one's blood boil.

Here ends my rant for the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta