Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:12 AM

3 posts, read 5,943 times

Advertisements

Even though the post was old I would like to thank all those who recently posted. My family and I are moving to Ellenwood 30294 . I love our home and the cul-de-sac it's on. My next task is fnding a good school for our 8 yrs. old daughter public or private, suggestions would be appreciated. Also suggestions for organic produce like farmers market since there are no Sprout stores. Thank you all again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 12:33 AM

16,626 posts, read 29,284,217 times
Although there have been many recent great posts on this thread, we must not forget the super-importance of investigating/researching the education and schooling issue before settling on a home!

Last edited by aries4118; 06-09-2012 at 01:07 AM..

Old 06-09-2012, 01:54 AM

890 posts, read 1,642,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Although there have been many recent great posts on this thread, we must not forget the super-importance of investigating/researching the education and schooling issue before settling on a home!
Yes because now you're stuck in terms of your public school choice.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
Yes because now you're stuck in terms of your public school choice.
It is important no matter what--recession/no recession, choice options/no choice options, etc, etc.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:49 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,602,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs602 View Post
Even though the post was old I would like to thank all those who recently posted. My family and I are moving to Ellenwood 30294 . I love our home and the cul-de-sac it's on. My next task is fnding a good school for our 8 yrs. old daughter public or private, suggestions would be appreciated. Also suggestions for organic produce like farmers market since there are no Sprout stores. Thank you all again
The DeKalb farmers market will be your best bet, I suspect for the produce you are looking for.

As the other posters have posted, you are essentially now stuck with whatever public school the house is zoned too.

DeKalb has had much choice in the past, but almost all of that is gone, and whatever is left, deadlines have long past. (I presume this home is in DeKalb, forgive me if I am wrong.)

For other readers, as dear Aries says, you have to investigate schools before you buy a home or sign a lease. It is very important.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
DeKalb has had much choice in the past, but almost all of that is gone, and whatever is left, deadlines have long past. (I presume this home is in DeKalb, forgive me if I am wrong.)

The Ellenwood address area also falls into Clayton County and Henry County.

To mrs602: Is your house in DeKalb County, Clayton County, or Henry County?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
The Ellenwood address area also falls into Clayton County and Henry County.

To mrs602: Is your house in DeKalb County, Clayton County, or Henry County?
Yep--30294 falls in all three counties.

Zip Code Finder and Boundary Map.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 5,943 times
Greetings,
I agree education is very important. Our move here happened very quick due to hubby's job. We attempted to find a home in East Cobb and Gwinett County but time constraints and circumstances left us limited options.The house is located in DeKalb County.
My husband and I are prepared to send our daughter to a private school due to failing public
schools in Atlanta as a whole the ratings aren't good. I understand the responses and I feel the same way unfortunately, we are stuck in the DeKalb Schools and per others stuck in bad neighborhoods as well but we will move forward in faith and triumph as we always do! Amen! Thank you.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs602 View Post
Greetings,
I agree education is very important. Our move here happened very quick due to hubby's job. We attempted to find a home in East Cobb and Gwinett County but time constraints and circumstances left us limited options.The house is located in DeKalb County.
My husband and I are prepared to send our daughter to a private school due to failing public
schools in Atlanta as a whole the ratings aren't good. I understand the responses and I feel the same way unfortunately, we are stuck in the DeKalb Schools and per others stuck in bad neighborhoods as well but we will move forward in faith and triumph as we always do! Amen! Thank you.

Public schools in Atlanta are not failing as a whole.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM

449 posts, read 1,170,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dytdude View Post
Conyers is great if you don't mind commuting into Atlanta or you work nearby. I have frat brothers and friends who own homes in Conyers. its more of a "family type" town that is becoming increasingly black middle class area.
True, Conyers is now more of a mixed middle class area. Nice and quiet neighborhoods with 4,000+ sq ft houses too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta