Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 PM

4 posts, read 26,856 times

Advertisements

I'll be taking a trip to Atlanta to attend a Windows 7 event at AMC Phipps Plaza 14. Any suggestions on parking?

I'll be traveling south on I-85 and one route has me take exit 94, Chamblee Tucker Rd, then to Clairmont Rd, and on to Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Another route has me stay on I-85 and get off at exit 89, N Druid Hills Rd, and then keep going straight til I reach Peachtree Rd NE. Which route you think is better or is there a better one not listed?

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 12:24 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,973,514 times
I would take the latter...it's the way that I go to Phipps from my house in Gwinnett.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:33 PM

859 posts, read 2,119,499 times
I agree take the latter, but if you want a short cut instead of following north druid hills all the way around, once you cross over buford hwy. stay in the left hand lane and keep straight threw the light instead of curving around on north druid hills. When you stay straight you will be on roxboro rd., follow that it will take you right to peachtree, turn left and phipps mall is right there on your right. But do whatever you're most comfortable in doing. BTW there is surface and underground parking and it's free.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:10 PM

Thanks for the information. Looks like I've got a plan. I don't have GPS in my car so I'm hoping to get as much data as I can before the trip.

Should I turn make a left at Kingsboro Rd NE and then right onto Lenox Rd NE so I can reach Phipps Dr? The map doesn't seem to want to make a left from Peachtree Rd NE so I guess I can't access Phipps Dr from that direction.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:49 PM

My previous post, was a little vague. You should do as the other poster said and go down Druid Hills Rd, continue in the left lane, which will put you on Roxboro. Then just keep going straight, go over Peachtree and Phipps is on your left. There will be a parking deck on the left at Phipps, park there, and there is an elevator that goes right to the movie theater! Sorry, I should have said all of this first!

Old 09-16-2009, 06:03 PM

If I stay straight won't I be on Nordstrom side of the Plaza?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 PM

Yes, but turn where I said, you will go under the Nordstrom deck, but stay straight, then you will be on the back side of the mall. Park in the deck that's in front of you, and there will be an elevator under the mall that will take you to the third floor. There will be a sign saying cinema by the elevator I think, or movie posters one.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:25 PM

Got it. It's hard to see the entrances to underground places when looking at Bing's bird's eye view. Thanks so much.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:53 PM

86 posts, read 497,547 times
Hey I'd like to know about Windows 7 as well. Is this an invite only thing? Job thing?

If so could you PM me some highlights? Thanks!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:04 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killme View Post
Got it. It's hard to see the entrances to underground places when looking at Bing's bird's eye view. Thanks so much.
Yeah, the route described just blends into Phipps Blvd. after you cross Peachtree. As you curve around the back of the mall, watch for the City of Atlanta Fire Department under the parking deck. Turn left right there to enter the deck.

This is the absolute best way from I-85, and is a direct shot.

Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta