Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:52 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
He didn't say Atlanta is on the same level as London...why do YOU keep saying it?

I lived in London...everything about living there sucked.
So what is he trying to say?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
I really agree with what you said. However, we actually are already ranked a Beta World City +, which puts us on par with London, LA, Dubai, Washington DC, Geneva, etc.
Please explain to me what this means.....

Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
So what is he trying to say?????

Please explain to me what this means.....
How can I explain to you what someone else said? DUH. Figure it out for yourself, and stop making such a big deal over such little things.

Is there not enough going on in the Texas threads to keep you busy?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:04 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
How can I explain to you what someone else said? DUH. Figure it out for yourself, and stop making such a big deal over such little things.

Is there not enough going on in the Texas threads to keep you busy?
Contradict yourself much?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:11 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,525 times
Oh Good Lord....I wish I had the time that some people on here do...

What I was stating was directly related to the link that I posted. I have been to London, and of course Atlanta is vastly different than London. I was merely stating the statistics that were below me. I didn't make them, but a lot of important people and organizations do put importance on the rankings.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:36 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times
Quote:
Somebody is really hung up on the "crumbling sewer and water system" in Atlanta...I suggest you get over it. Every city has infrastructure issues and other problems, and Atlanta is currently dealing with the one you keep announcing.
Every city has its own issues, true, but not every city the size of Atlanta has as many issues as Atlanta seems to be having at this point in time.

Denial doesn't make Atlanta's current issues disappear.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Every city has its own issues, true, but not every city the size of Atlanta has as many issues as Atlanta seems to be having at this point in time.

Denial doesn't make Atlanta's current issues disappear.
And I denied it somewhere? I simply said that the ONE issue this member keeps harping on is currently being amended. I never denied any of Atlanta's issues, but I firmly believe that other large cities have a similar number of issues.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:39 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times
Quote:
And I denied it somewhere? I simply said that the ONE issue this member keeps harping on is currently being amended. I never denied any of Atlanta's issues, but I firmly believe that other large cities have a similar number of issues.
I believe I harped but twice regarding the water issue(had to pay the 'Sandy Springs premium' to ATL for many years for their lovely water service--the premium was said to be necessary to fix the infrastructure).

I would say this issue ranks along with inadequate and underpaid police and fire depts in importance. By the way, might want to add those scores of inoperable city fire hydrants to the list...as long as we're harping.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
I believe I harped but twice regarding the water issue(had to pay the 'Sandy Springs premium' to ATL for many years for their lovely water service--the premium was said to be necessary to fix the infrastructure).

I would say this issue ranks along with inadequate and underpaid police and fire depts in importance. By the way, might want to add those scores of inoperable city fire hydrants to the list...as long as we're harping.

Show me a city without infrastructure and personnel problems...there isn't one. It's government, and all levels of government have similar issues.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:43 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times
Quote:
Gotta love the labels...is that anything like a Beta(Betta) fish?

Methinks someone has too much time on their hands, compiling silly lists and all.

The ATL might also consider funding their police and fire departments after they get the sewer system repaired. It ain't all about big buildings, after all.

BTW, we'll return from time to time to check on your 'streetcars' and that Beltline thingy.
Carry on...
Oh you mean we should go the route of like how NYC went bankrupt twice in the past and still manages to epitomize of what a world city should be?Or LA and Chicago with their riots,corruption and scandals thought its history?Not very "world class" is it?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:47 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times
Quote:
Nothing to be jealous about. After 28 years in north Atlanta metro, we decided bigger was not necessarily better. Can live anywhere we want so we chose to leave about 3 million cars behind and live where any drive of more than 5 miles doesn't require careful planning to avoid traffic snarls.

Miss the tennis, beautiful spring landscapes and a Home Depot on every corner. Might even move back some day but certainly not because someone decided Atlanta is a Beta town. Heck, Austin made the 'top ten' lists for everything you can think of...lists are easy...Beta schmeta.

BTW...Glad y'all had a few days to dry out...hope the rains stay away tonight and tomorrow. Good luck!
List are easy but what if its more than one saying the same things, using different methods but coming to similar conclusions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta