Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:22 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times

Advertisements

Atlanta MAY become a world class city in about 5-10+ years when these developments/etc are completed....

Streets of Buckhead
The Buckhead Village
Town Brookhaven
Aerotropolis
12th and Midtown
Allen Plaza
Human and Civil Rights Museum
National Health Museum
College HOF Museum
Ga Music HOF (Possible move from Macon)
Ga Aquarium Expansion
Westside Park
180 Peachtree
Trump Towers
Mandarin Oriental
Atlanta Streetcar
180 Peachtree
etc
etc
etc
Redevelopment of Ft McPherson and Ft Gillem in 2011, etc.

What do you think? Once the economy is back up and running Atlanta will be on another level 5+ years afterwards. We still need more rail options besides the Beltline but I think Atlanta is on its way.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:55 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,801 times
I really agree with what you said. However, we actually are already ranked a Beta World City +, which puts us on par with London, LA, Dubai, Washington DC, Geneva, etc.

Global city - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-24-2009, 06:09 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
I hope that these will be green buildings & developments. There is just so much waste that goes on in this world already... why add to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Atlanta MAY become a world class city in about 5-10+ years when these developments/etc are completed....

Streets of Buckhead
The Buckhead Village
Town Brookhaven
Aerotropolis
12th and Midtown
Allen Plaza
Human and Civil Rights Museum
National Health Museum
College HOF Museum
Ga Music HOF (Possible move from Macon)
Ga Aquarium Expansion
Westside Park
180 Peachtree
Trump Towers
Mandarin Oriental
Atlanta Streetcar
180 Peachtree
etc
etc
etc
Redevelopment of Ft McPherson and Ft Gillem in 2011, etc.

What do you think? Once the economy is back up and running Atlanta will be on another level 5+ years afterwards. We still need more rail options besides the Beltline but I think Atlanta is on its way.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:20 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Become? We're already there bub

Anyway, not to totally knock your post, you do bring up a good point that those projects will only raise the profile of the city to new heights.

I'm especially looking forward to the Civil Rights museum and the new Symphony Hall

Old 09-24-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
I really agree with what you said. However, we actually are already ranked a Beta World City +, which puts us on par with London, LA, Dubai, Washington DC, Geneva, etc.

Global city - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'm just counting down the minutes until some CD comes in here saying one of the following things:

"That list is BS!#@#@!"
"No way Atlanta has a higher profile than Houston/Dallas/Miami/Timbuktu it's SPRAWL LAND"
"Atlanta is not designed around a grid and there aren't as many people walking down the street as there is Manhattan. OBVIOUSLY it's not a world class city"

Starting the countdown now....one one hundred....two one hundred...

Old 09-24-2009, 06:52 PM

717 posts, read 2,808,931 times
Personally, I love Atlanta and have for years. We thought about moving to Atlanta 23 years ago--somehow life always took us other places. Atlanta has never left my thought. Somehow life takes you to where you were meant to be--sometimes sooner rather than later and other times in a very round about way.

I have lived in Miami--and I did not like it. The only thing that makes Miami a world class or cosmopolitan city is the HUGE population of immigrants. Atlanta is a far more beautiful city in every way. I have also lived in Chicago and near Philadelphia. In my eyes Atlanta is far closer to those cities than Miami is or proably ever will be.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:25 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Become? We're already there bub

Anyway, not to totally knock your post, you do bring up a good point that those projects will only raise the profile of the city to new heights.

I'm especially looking forward to the Civil Rights museum and the new Symphony Hall
Not according to some posters on the C-D forum, they consider Atlanta to be a country hick town with only regional importance.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Not according to some posters on the C-D forum, they consider Atlanta to be a country hick town with only regional importance.
LOL! Yeah, but the thing I always keep in mind is that people who write stuff like that are probably doing it on their high school lunch break.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:37 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
LOL! Yeah, but the thing I always keep in mind is that people who write stuff like that are probably doing it on their high school lunch break.
I used to get annoyed with junk like that when I first joined but I don't worry about it now. They probably never been here.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:23 AM

46 posts, read 204,673 times
What's the GA Aquarium expansion project? Sounds interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta