Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 5,247 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of moving to a apartment complex called Merritt at Satellite Place. I was wondering about the safety of it and the surrounding area. The police station is right next door, I mean it's so close you could walk to it. I also know that a few police officers live at the complex, so I would think it would be pretty safe. Does anyone know if there have been any shootings or break-ins there recently? Any opinions from recent past or currant tenants would be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 11:54 AM

288 posts, read 542,775 times
most police depts offer an online crime map that lets you analyze recent crime types and locations. I would check their website. Some depts like roswell also publish an online list of apt complexes and the number of calls to the complex.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
I'm not familiar with what goes on in the complex, but the area itself is fine.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:06 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,348,772 times
I was taking a look at that place when I first started working at NCR down the street. I set an appointment and when I showed up they told me they had no vacancies. Pretty much any apt in the area has moderate levels of property crime due to the density and the quality of neighbors when rent is $700/mon or less.

I wound up down the street a mile at the Colonial Grand at McDaniel Farm. I had a garage and never had any issues until the one day I parked my car outside by the apt leasing office in front of the security cameras. They broke in through the rear quarter window of my Prelude, couldn't figure out how to open the door and decided to pry it from the body. All told they did $1k in body damage for a 9yr old cd player, $2-3 in change (including the $30 change cup).

You're not going to see much violent crime in the area (seems the drug cartels prefer single family homes for the seclusion) but just don't expect much from the management. These places are all faceless conglomerates and I recall a lot of complaints about Merritt back in '05 when I was looking.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:46 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
I work in the area right up the street and in my honest opinion?
If I was looking for an apartment to rent it would not be in 30096.
If you want close check 30097 or even around the Mall of GA.

Merritt has had some share of issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: