Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 12:42 PM

32 posts, read 182,227 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am planning to buy a single family area in johns creek area (zip 30097).

I hope some good realtors would have much better suggestions/opinions ...please feel free to give your viewpoint..

The questions is:
1) How much old home should I buy in johns creek (30097). Do you think if I buy a 15 yr old home, will it possible to sell it after 5-8 yrs when the home age would be around 20 yrs?

2) Is 240K a good amt for a home which is 15 yr old and in johns creek (30097).

3) Many people say that u should not buy a home in cumming which is more than 4 yrs old.
Similarly how much old home is safe to buy in Johns creek and alpharetta area from future selling point?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 01:07 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,866,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movetodallas View Post
Many people say that u should not buy a home in cumming which is more than 4 yrs old.
Similarly how much old home is safe to buy in Johns creek and alpharetta area from future selling point?
I hope there are some informative responses on this interesting topic. I've noticed that many people posting on this forum seem to be interested only in buying new houses. But then, if everybody wants only new houses, how do those new home buyers expect ever to resell their house in future?

If the part I've bolded above is true, it must be ill-advised to move to Cumming for more than four years at most - and at that, who would buy your four year-old house? It would be too tough for the buyer to ever resell.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:28 PM

997 posts, read 4,631,483 times
A 15 year old home in 30097 Johns Creek (which was duluth), Alpharetta and Milton is pretty much almost average age. There isn't that much new in the area in 30097 except for some new developments off of McGinnis Ferry near Suwanee and a few others scattered. $240K for a home is on the very low end for the area and you won't find new construction in that range. I wouldn't focus on the age. If the home was built well and taken care of and in a nice established neighborhood then you should be fine. The whole Alpharetta, Milton, Johns Creek area has a good reputation. The schools are good as well.

What neighborhood or where is the home located.

240K for a new home in Cumming is on the low end as well. Not much. Cumming is not what it used to be. It is increasing in price as more people are moving further out.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:56 PM

32 posts, read 182,227 times
Thanks for your replies.

The house is around medlock/120 junction area ....very close to Hmart. It is a single family home, built in 1995 by Pulte builders. It is 4 bedroom/2.5 bath .......

I am only worried about the age of the home...as if I sell down the line (may be 8-10), it would be 20+ yrs age home. I don't want to be in the market with only 10% sellers selling that old home and other homes being 10-12 yrs old..

If most of the city as such is averaeged 15 yrs home age then it make sense to buy as after 5-10 yrs most of the other homes in the city would be equally old...

Any thoughts from the people living long in this area or some realtors of this area can suugest ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta