Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,665 times

Advertisements

Isn't Mill Creek cluster Buford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Budford city schools better? Ha!! Let me name several clusters better than Budford:

Brookwood
N. Gwinnett
Peachtree Ridge
Grayson
Parkview
Mill Creek
Collins Hill
Norcross
Dacula (about the same as Budford)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 06:57 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Isn't Mill Creek cluster Buford?
No, Mill Creek is Dacula. The school is located in Hoschton.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Mill Creek is supposed to be the best school in the area...am I right?
I am in Florida, moving there, and was told this.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:52 AM

Anyone have anymore input, because we have leveled it down to these 2 cities as well, and will be visiting in December?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 AM

288 posts, read 543,094 times
gwinnett county has had crime/gang problems that have slowly spread to the other parts like wildfire. My sister lived in once nice, safe Lilburn only to escape to dunwoody then swaunee cause of what she says is gang grafitti everywhere and similar problems.

I'm not saying buford is utopia, but buford is next to lake lanier which is a huge recreational destination and might interest you seeing that you are from south florida and likely used to water activities etc.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:38 PM

19 posts, read 74,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpp View Post
If you decide on Buford, just be sure not to get close to the landfill (which feeds Lake Lanier.)

Please elaborate on this.....Is the lake having raw waste running into it?

Seems like that would have some folks (EPA) not very happy.

I was really interested in this area because of the lake. I'd like to hear more.

Please tell me more

Old 10-10-2009, 03:55 PM

288 posts, read 543,094 times
Buford, Georgia (GA) Landfills-Sanitary Companies

lists 3 landfills in buford...the uwl one employs 19 people so thats probably a major one.

Click map and it shows you the locations

i know that there is no landfill dumping waste into the lake

Old 10-11-2009, 08:29 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,127 times
I would not worry about either one of them.
If you go by town/zip location you will find that Buford / Dacula / and Auburn Gwinnett wrap all around the vicinity.
Mill Creek Cluster / Dacula Cluster / and Buford City Schools are fine. All have high rankings in the state and Mill Creek and Dacula have ranked nationally in the top tier.

The Auburn area is ranked #4 in Georgia's most safe city area.
Yes, you will have your issues with little punks running around acting big time or pretending to be living the "thug life" but that is just being a teen. You know, we have all been through it. I believe it is best referred to as "the age of stupid".

Areas to avoid in the Buford area would be anything close to Rt 20 / 23. Not because of issues but it is so commercial and the traffic going to the Mall of Georgia can be a pain in the hiney.

Another plus is Exit 118 has just began to break ground in Dacula / Buford (yes, you have to love the zip codes here, south side of the street is Buford, north side of the street is Dacula) The future Exit 118 will be the Gravel Springs exit. This will be a much needed relief to Exit 120 Hamilton Mill, which by the way can back up 5 miles during the 5pm rush. This was the blessing bestowed upon the folks by run a muk development in Gwinnett and Jackson County without road planning in 2004-2007. Thus the high quantity of half finished sub divisions.

Overall, the entire location is rather tight net even with the transplants. Buford / Dacula / and Auburn Gwinnett have a very high population of Gwinnett's finest, Georgia State Police, and other law enforcement officials who call this home. Not to mention the East and North Headquarters of Gwinnett's Police Department are located in Dacula and Buford.

What areas are you looking in?

Old 10-11-2009, 08:35 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,127 times
Quote:
Hoschton is yet another example of weird zip codes in NE Georgia.
Hoschton is located in east Jackson, but the unincorporated area covers NW, Gwinnett, SE Hall, and W. Jackson inclusive of Sun City. It also runs into Barrow, Hall, and Gwinnett County.
Must go back to the old south border wars of the past. Kind of like trying to bring back Milton in North Fulton, which used to be Milton, now Alpharetta, which now calls part of itself Johns Creek, so it doesn't have to be referred to as Duluth since it is in Gwinnett, but Fulton, who wants to be Milton, away from Fulton, so it does not have to be affiliated with Atlanta.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM

37 posts, read 108,093 times
Thanks Everyone. We have decided to try and find a house in Hamilton Mill in Dacula, GA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta