Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:18 AM

747 posts, read 1,543,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
I would say that most of the folks in the northern suburbs that I am familiar with couldn't care less about sexual orientation.....as long as you don't flaunt it in front of their kids e.g. public displays of affection; Marilyn Monroe/Elton John appreciation parties till 4:00 am; insistence that the neigborhood Fourth of July parade have a "gay pride" float, etc.
And here I thought gay pride floats were usually only in gay pride parades .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 PM

876 posts, read 2,277,415 times
I haven't heard the term "Northern Triangle" either. Gays are not just concentrated in-town (Midtown), but the suburbs that come to mind with some gays is Tucker or Decatur (which is considered more in-town). I know some live in North Fulton, but I don't know areas of known concentrations of them in any one area.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:35 AM

747 posts, read 1,543,703 times
"Northern Triangle" is just the name of a social group for gay men living in the northern suburbs.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,116 times
Atlanta is amazing! You'll get chills right when you get there and you learn a lot from the people around you. It's really not a bad community, but you do have to remember the crime rates of Atlanta. Great place, great life

Old 11-19-2011, 05:36 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,423,221 times
Neighborhoods or Suburbs?

B/c I read the title as an oxymoron.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:18 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,870,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Neighborhoods or Suburbs?

B/c I read the title as an oxymoron.
You are also reading a title that is 5 years old.

Folks, make note that the date a post is made is in the upper corner of each post. Most likely the original posters who started the thread are no longer monitoring it years later, so your inquiries most likely will not be answered by them.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,499 times
I know there are old posts on here and hasn't been updated in about 9 years. I use to live in Wwodstock, GA (Cherokee County and next door to Keensaw and Marietta, GA.) I moved to Marietta, 10 miles away from my old home. Cobb County has come along way in 9 years. For me, it was like living in Midtown. There are at least 10 times the gay people living near by. I have found Marietta to be an awesome town to live in. I hope this is my final move because I love the town I live in for only 2 months.

Where ever you landed in GA, I hope you are as happy as I am. (11/25/2015)

Old 04-14-2016, 08:44 AM

1 posts, read 957 times
I know this is an old post and it doesn't really matter who answers my question. Me and my wife are married. Les women and we are looking to move to GA early next year. We have a family 2 young boys and just want somewhere we can live in peace, safety and not spend an arm and a let. We are looking to purchase a home but to start off we are looking to rent. I have read this whole post and I know some of the responses are old. What I took from it is Decatur, Pinelake, Douglasville and Dekalb may be good places for us to start our search. Is this correct? Help !!!!

Old 04-14-2016, 09:22 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknlovely868 View Post
I know this is an old post and it doesn't really matter who answers my question. Me and my wife are married. Les women and we are looking to move to GA early next year. We have a family 2 young boys and just want somewhere we can live in peace, safety and not spend an arm and a let. We are looking to purchase a home but to start off we are looking to rent. I have read this whole post and I know some of the responses are old. What I took from it is Decatur, Pinelake, Douglasville and Dekalb may be good places for us to start our search. Is this correct? Help !!!!
Darknlovely - Your budget will dictate, however, I do believe that your family would be welcomed in most parts of Metro Atlanta. Decatur, certainly, is "known" for its large population (relatively) of Lesbian couples / families. I'd start by looking there.

Best of luck in your search!

Old 04-14-2016, 09:28 AM

1,054 posts, read 921,626 times
Gays with kids are in a tough spot, many of the reasonably priced places intown where gays seem to congregate have poor public schools. If you can afford private I can recommend south Brookhaven. We used to live there (around the North Druid Hills area west of I85), with many gay neighbors. Good neighborhoods with a wide variety of lifestyles living in harmony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta