Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,288,552 times

Advertisements

My brotha! Peace be with you, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I agree with much of what you're saying...I watched some of "Black in America" and I'm not black, but I thought it was interesting. I don't really care if what I'm watching has people who look like me - I'm more likely to watch something that is interesting to me. I don't really consider us all that different from each other anyway. We're all Americans, and while our skin may look different we have more in common than most people realize.

I never feel forced to watch anything. I am just as likely to watch an old rerun of A Different World as I am to watch one of Seinfeld. I'm not saying most people are like me...a lot are, a lot aren't. I would probably be more inclined to watch "Black in America" than I would "White in America". I know what it's like to be white in America, but I know I could learn something from "Black in America.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:42 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,744,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
My brotha! Peace be with you, sir.
...and also with you.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM

111 posts, read 389,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I brought up the last two to make a point. In my opinion a lot of people in this country are somewhat self centered. Whereas a guy like me can tell you craploads of facts about out of the mainstream people like Ron Paul, Patrick Buchanan and the like, most people's approach to all things black american is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

I ask you, why is that? Why is it that a guy like me is expected to know everything about white society in order to survive in it but for a lot of "mainstream" society i.e. white people, black culture barely registers an afterthought? That's all I'm saying, I guess.

Oh yeah, Michael Eric Dyson is most notable for his dispute with Bill Cosby and for his role in the CNN series "Black in America". But I supposed most of the "mainstream" was more geared towards the Bill O'Reilly stuff I supposed.
Maybe if black people weren't, politically speaking, such lackeys for white liberals it would be worth the effort to learn more about their range of ideas. Name one member of the Congressional Black Caucus who is not a left wing kook. I suppose Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee and Alcee Hastings are "mainstream" to you. That is the problem.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:13 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,744,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthog61 View Post
Maybe if black people weren't, politically speaking, such lackeys for white liberals it would be worth the effort to learn more about their range of ideas. Name one member of the Congressional Black Caucus who is not a left wing kook. I suppose Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee and Alcee Hastings are "mainstream" to you. That is the problem.
Yes, I'm sure all of "those people" are exactly alike...they certainly aren't individuals with their own set of ideas, are they?

Old 10-17-2009, 07:42 AM

925 posts, read 2,599,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Yes, I'm sure all of "those people" are exactly alike...they certainly aren't individuals with their own set of ideas, are they?
98% of blacks voted for Obama. Enough said.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:44 AM

925 posts, read 2,599,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That site is way off as 86% of Whites and 94% of Blacks from 1976-2005 were victimized by people of the same race. You can get that from the Bureau of Justice website. Interracial crime is the exception and even when it happens, race is not necessarily the motive, For example, in my area, all of the interracial crime, both ways and directly and indirectly, have been due to illegal drugs. So, there are other factors to consider in regards to interracial crime. Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide Trends in the United States: Trends the racial composition of homicides table (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/tables/ovracetab.htm - broken link)
Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm - broken link)

Also, people need to stop underestimating this crime that has led to deaths:Drunk driving statistics
That's not even getting into the reckless driving deaths either.
While it is true that intraracial crime is more common than interracial crime, with the latter, blacks overwhelmingly commit more crimes against whites than vice versa.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:50 AM

72,835 posts, read 62,209,776 times
I think some people should listen to some of the speeches made by Tim Wise.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:12 AM

16,644 posts, read 29,343,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I think some people should listen to some of the speeches made by Tim Wise.

YouTube - Tim Wise: On White Privilege (Clip)

Old 10-17-2009, 03:35 PM

11,334 posts, read 25,998,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
98% of blacks voted for Obama. Enough said.
Don't Democratic presidential candidates normally get 90% of the black vote?

I've heard that well over 90% voted for Gore, for example, and he is undeniably white. And Kerry got 89% or something like that.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,288,552 times
Don't you guys ever get tired? Stick to your daily Limbaugh/Savage/Hannity indoctrination and leave the thinking to the true intellectuals, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthog61 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta