Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:56 AM

183 posts, read 196,851 times

Advertisements

The main perpetrator(s) are reported yet their posted are never deleted and they are still members. It has gotten to the point were people looking to move here are scared off because they think this is a racist city. It's sad but true. Something really needs to be done, but what?

Sure we can ignore them but what about potential movers? How will they view the city. We had a 6 figure poster give up on moving here just because of it. This has gotten out of hand.

Last edited by Peachcity; 02-10-2012 at 09:24 AM..

Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,645,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
The main perpetrator(s) are reported yet their posted are never deleted and they are still members. It has gotten to the pony were people looking to move here are scared off becuase they think this is a racist city. It's sad but true. Something really needs to be done, but what?

Sure we can ignore them but what about potential movers? How will they view the city. We had a 6 figure poster give up on moving here just because of it. This has gotten out of hand.

I wish there was a way we could all gang up on the idiots and run them out of here.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 AM

714 posts, read 814,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
I wish there was a way we could all gang up on the idiots and run them out of here.
Good counter arguments will work better than threats. The latter just convinces me more of the soundness of my arguments.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:15 AM

16,707 posts, read 29,542,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Good counter arguments will work better than threats. The latter just convinces me more of the soundness of my arguments.

So, you admit that the OP is talking about you and that you are racist?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:16 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,533,476 times
Quote:
The main perpetrator(s) are reported yet their posted are never deleted and they are still members. It has gotten to the pony were people looking to move here are scared off becuase they think this is a racist city. It's sad but true. Something really needs to be done, but what?

Dear God, man. PROOFREAD!!!

If someone changes their mind about a place simply because they believe it may be racist based on what they read on an internet forum, then perhaps it's not that big of a loss.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 AM

562 posts, read 1,127,428 times
Quote:

I realize that we all have strong views and opinions on both sides of the racial divide, but I don't see a person making a decision to move to, or not to move to a city, just because of a comment on a chat board by some idiot, seriously. I mean Atlanta does have its issues with race, but it's not like Atlanta has a monopoly on racial issues. In all honesty, I would take the racial climate here in Atlanta over what I have seen in many Northeastern and Midwestern metros.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,372,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRS86 View Post
I mean Atlanta does have its issues with race, but it's not like Atlanta has a monopoly on racial issues. In all honesty, I would take the racial climate here in Atlanta over what I have seen in many Northeastern and Midwestern metros.
Exactly. We aren't afraid to talk about it here, which I think is extremely healthy.

The Northeastern and Midwestern metros are terrified of discussions that we take for granted as "normal" here.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 AM

183 posts, read 196,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
Do you want a cookie or something? What on earth do want from the black posters here?

Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 AM

965 posts, read 1,886,820 times
Everyone knows this site is co-owned by stormfront. This is the "safe for work" version since many workplaces block the IP of that forum. Racial posts have been a part of the Atlanta forums ever since it started, so the OP isn't exactly pointing out something new or revolutionary. Use the ignore function

Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 AM

714 posts, read 814,270 times
Quote:
Do you want a cookie or something? What on earth do want from the black posters here?
I do enjoy a cookie. White Chocolate, my fav, of course!

Why are you worried about giving my "what I want"? I want nothing from you.

Its called a debate, or discussion. Different views are expressed. Facts and points are exchanged. Civilized societies have been doing it for thousands of years.

A sincere admission that the ills of black society are NOT the fault of whitey would be a start, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: