Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,575,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Interesting comments, speed. What makes Miami the king of the south in your book? Give some reasons, some statistics, some references, some proof.

And if you agree with the OP on his striking Atlanta off his list because of a lack of urban experience, what are you doing in Alpharetta? At least move downtown or midtown or anywhere ITP... or better yet move to Chicago or New York. Several of us here will come help you pack.
Help him pack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemonz View Post
No problem! JOHNATL did say its good Atlanta still provides opportunity. That's a classic line used by people who try to defend Atlanta.

They always say "you couldn't make it in New York that's why you came here" that's not always the case.

Alot of people from New york sell their home in New York move here buy a home cash and then start a business which probably employed you or someone you know!

So the next time Atlanta wants to talk about New Yorkers and other transplants remember one thing we got this city to where it is today (Don't know if that's a good or bad thing?)

Might not be a world class city today in my opinion but maybe it will be some day! I would actually like to see Atlanta in that light Good Luck!

Last and not least guys this is an open forum where people can express their opinions. Sometimes we cross the line and say things we should not say to get our point across which is not always right.

One thing we are all adults and I don't hate anyone on this forum it may sound like it but I don't. I don't take what another member says here to me personal. No matter what the situation is we can all learn something from each other. The opinions posted on this forum are just that opinions we as people have a right to have one!
Honestly dude. Its real lame how the Atl homers are attacking you. The line about the yaht, exotic cars & wine on Sundays was pretty sharp. Its always the same Atl homers in attack mode when someone dislikes something about Atlanta. I dont think you should have brought Miami into it. I know where you were coming from but Atl has Rednecks & Slave offspring and they were raised to dislike anyone different from them and some of their backward spoonfeed religious ways. My prior sentence doesnt apply to the homers that defend Atlanta, but to the ones calling hispanics "dumb people". Atlanta is not a World City. People come to Atlanta to do business. Conventions are business related. I have become more business savy myself sinse living here. Do I feel more internationally connected? Hell no!! From what I have read Charlotte & Dallas are right up there in the business game. Blacks still think they run Atlanta and that is the lie that a lot of black folks believe prior to moving here, then they learn Perdue REALLY RUNS atlanta. Atlanta is a cool southern city...like Dallas, Charlotte, Houston, Miami & New Orleans...the International World Class city stuff is smoke and mirrors. Take Delta out of Hartsfield or build a 2nd Metro airport in Cobb and watch what happens to the lil busy airport. As a city its ok. Not enough variety by a long shout. Do I want New York? never been there....but I do have cable & internet so I know whats out there. And I know whats not in Atlanta and many other cities in America. Again its a cool place, but it not a world wide hot stop like homers keep preaching.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Miami might make a run for King of the Caribbean or even King of Latin America. King of the South? Sixth or seventh place, maybe. Dallas, Houston, Charlotte, New Oleans and Nashville would slot in between Atlanta and Miami on my ballot.
Thats just what I was thinking. Miami is in the south, but its not a southern city. All the puerto ricans, jamaicans, cubans, haitians, columbians, domicans in Miami...do you see how the people look there? Wow! Thats international place. They do Hip Hop, Salsa, House, Reggae, Country Western, Calypso, Soca, Marengay....nothing dominates that city. All they need is rail, 2 or 3 urban HiEds and Bam! A better Miami. Lol its been a minute since I been to Miami but wow.....Nothing against at Atlanta but......well.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:23 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,111,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Honestly dude. Its real lame how the Atl homers are attacking you. The line about the yaht, exotic cars & wine on Sundays was pretty sharp. Its always the same Atl homers in attack mode when someone dislikes something about Atlanta. I dont think you should have brought Miami into it. I know where you were coming from but Atl has Rednecks & Slave offspring and they were raised to dislike anyone different from them and some of their backward spoonfeed religious ways. My prior sentence doesnt apply to the homers that defend Atlanta, but to the ones calling hispanics "dumb people". Atlanta is not a World City. People come to Atlanta to do business. Conventions are business related. I have become more business savy myself sinse living here. Do I feel more internationally connected? Hell no!! From what I have read Charlotte & Dallas are right up there in the business game. Blacks still think they run Atlanta and that is the lie that a lot of black folks believe prior to moving here, then they learn Perdue REALLY RUNS atlanta. Atlanta is a cool southern city...like Dallas, Charlotte, Houston, Miami & New Orleans...the International World Class city stuff is smoke and mirrors. Take Delta out of Hartsfield or build a 2nd Metro airport in Cobb and watch what happens to the lil busy airport. As a city its ok. Not enough variety by a long shout. Do I want New York? never been there....but I do have cable & internet so I know whats out there. And I know whats not in Atlanta and many other cities in America. Again its a cool place, but it not a world wide hot stop like homers keep preaching.
There's so many things wrong with this post it's crazy. "& Slave offspring" Yeah my ancestors were slaves who fought for their freedom, what sense does your comment make? and what was you implying about people ancestors and being descendent from them again? I never called anyone Hispanic dumb but that “Slave offspring” is offensive whether I did or not.

"were raised to dislike anyone different from them" Just ask me I gladly post links, to threads with you "disliking anyone different from you" Technically your ranting on it now while falsely accusing other people.

You literally made a threads about how you dislike the urban community, first you said it not a multi billion dollar industry and then someone came quickly with a link that not only shows that! but GA was gaining millions. The last thing you post which I never hand the chance to respond to you said how come artist like erykah badu don’t come from Atlanta LOL. Atlanta, if not has one of the largest Neo soul community in the US, it has largest in the US, much larger than Dallas. Things you be saying you have No idea what your talking about, to make it worst you like simplified and put things in small boxes, often things you dislike.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:17 PM

23,484 posts, read 44,141,494 times
Quote:
Do I want New York? never been there....but I do have cable & internet so I know whats out there.
guffaw

Old 04-21-2010, 10:06 AM

324 posts, read 660,184 times
Quote:

This post is beyond ridiculous and you wonder why People from ATL have to go in defense mode... Atlanta is a Beta World Class City its not about what you feel or how you feel its about Facts... IM black I never thought blacks run Atlanta. I knew there were alot of succesful black people here. which you dont see alot of in Miami ( where Im from).

Old 04-21-2010, 10:52 AM

969 posts, read 1,960,698 times
I think Atlanta has a lot going for it. If anything is holding it back, it's Georgia. Hopefully we can get new leadership that realizes the importance of Atlanta. The only thing Atlanta needs is a comprehensive transportation system. I really like the urbanization that has occurred over the last few years and I hope it continues in the future.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM

859 posts, read 2,121,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
I think Atlanta has a lot going for it. If anything is holding it back, it's Georgia. Hopefully we can get new leadership that realizes the importance of Atlanta. The only thing Atlanta needs is a comprehensive transportation system. I really like the urbanization that has occurred over the last few years and I hope it continues in the future.
Agreed. Atlanta is doing well despite no support from the rest of the state. More comedy from the monkeys running the state. A GOP measure to force Obama to prove citizenship in 2012 | Political Insider the comments are hilarious!

Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM

719 posts, read 1,698,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
Well put. It needs that, plus another 15 to 20 years of the urbanization we've seen over the last 10 or so yrs. It's on its way. Hey what the heck, go crazy and throw in an annexation or two and then look out.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM

8,487 posts, read 15,014,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
Well put. It needs that, plus another 15 to 20 years of the urbanization we've seen over the last 10 or so yrs. It's on its way. Hey what the heck, go crazy and throw in an annexation or two and then look out.
While I don't think it will be a bad thing for all of the areas ITP to become one city (more of in a borough system though), the City of Atlanta really doesn't need to annex anymore land. SE and SW Atlanta could stand for more gentrification/development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta