U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 12,305 times

Advertisements

hey- i had a great experience how the state wastes a lot of money, has no common sense and is not interested in the situation things happen.
beside that- you get the choice- pay or get more till you pay...

well- i had an accident- not a big deal- i had about 60 feet distance- there was a GREEN traffic light. at the side there was an officer with lighgts on- in fromt of me a bus. he slowed down- i guess to see what s goin on at the side- i came closer- normal...- then he speeded up and in the next moment he steped on the brakes- i had no chance, and crashed into it. the driver said, the traffic light turned yellow.
first thing- my oppinion- he had no reason to stop, if he s so close at the light.
second- he slowed down and speeded up- i had no reason to think about he steps on the brakes
so- i was in court and no matter what i said- no exceptions- no interest how the situation was coming and the best- they said something about 500$ expences, what they had, what i have to pay if i don t pay the ticket. very good right - system. good bless em that they re never be in the same situation by them self.

i m not satisfied and i don t believe that its right here.
what i wanna know is- how many points do i get for that following too close? cost me a 150$
Rate this post positively

Old 10-15-2009, 11:25 AM

655 posts, read 1,716,657 times
nolo contendre ?

Old 10-15-2009, 10:22 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,089,823 times
3pts.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:29 PM

156 posts, read 401,684 times
3 points and glad you'll be getting them. It's not the system's fault. It's yours. If you weren't following too close then you would have had time to stop. Simple as that. It's these stupid driving habits that end up causing the all of the accidents that add to much time to my commute. I would love it if the state decided to charge $5,000 every time a person was at fault for an accident on one of the major arteries.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:50 AM

655 posts, read 1,716,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
3 points and glad you'll be getting them. It's not the system's fault. It's yours. If you weren't following too close then you would have had time to stop. Simple as that. It's these stupid driving habits that end up causing the all of the accidents that add to much time to my commute. I would love it if the state decided to charge $5,000 every time a person was at fault for an accident on one of the major arteries.
For the most part these are actions fueled by many peoples' perceptions that they are invincible when shielded by an enclosed vehicle. This provides them an outlet, so they think. Bad day at work? Follow closely and intimidate. Got dumped? Cut off the guy in the other lane. Going to be two minutes late on your mission to be punctual when picking up your 6 year old at his soccer practice? Race at 80 mph in a 55 zone.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 AM

705 posts, read 1,008,548 times
A third of all the collisions in our county are from following too close, driver's need to keep their eyes on what's in front of them.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
For the most part these are actions fueled by many peoples' perceptions that they are invincible when shielded by an enclosed vehicle. This provides them an outlet, so they think. Bad day at work? Follow closely and intimidate. Got dumped? Cut off the guy in the other lane. Going to be two minutes late on your mission to be punctual when picking up your 6 year old at his soccer practice? Race at 80 mph in a 55 zone.

dont drive like a **** and you won't have these problems? im tired of self important people deciding how other people should drive like.

55 zone has nothing to do with anything. limits are set according to population, not according to road as far as interstates go. parts of 85 recently got raised to 65 i beleive. not that it makes a difference anyway

if people are tailgating you, you are probably holding everybody up while yapping on your phone. nobody is cutting you off unless you have to hit the brakes to avoid a collision. if you are not comfortable driving in traffic in multiple lanes, take some drivers ed courses.

we spend such a large portion of our lives driving, i honestly couldnt care about wasting it away because it makes YOU happy.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:18 AM

11,333 posts, read 23,996,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
dont drive like a **** and you won't have these problems? im tired of self important people deciding how other people should drive like.
Wow. So formal laws pertaining to driving don't pertain to you? Even if those laws are a good idea from a safety perspective?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:02 PM

81 posts, read 249,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
Quote:
I'm tired of self important people deciding how other people should drive like.

if people are tailgating you, you are probably holding everybody up while yapping on your phone. nobody is cutting you off unless you have to hit the brakes to avoid a collision. if you are not comfortable driving in traffic in multiple lanes, take some drivers ed courses.

we spend such a large portion of our lives driving, i honestly couldnt care about wasting it away because it makes YOU happy.
It looks to me like YOU'RE the self-important one deciding how everyone else should drive!

Besides, these rules are in place, not to make us happy, but to prevent accidents. Let me break it down for you: If YOU took driver's ed, then you would know that there is supposed to be a safe distance between you and the car in front of you. There are no exemptions for drivers, like you, apparently, who feels that he is entitled to tailgate because he doesn't approve of the way the car in front of him is driving.

I can't tell you how many times some short-sighted idiot behind me has tailgated, all the while there is a vehicle in front of me -- no where for me to go, even if I DID speed up! (Not that I would speed up because some jerk is riding my bumper.)

Old 10-19-2009, 03:52 AM

i hear you but im not registering your opinion, since you just said that you

1. dont care
2. dont care no matter what
3. still don't care.

Well if you dont care, why should i? Who is the self important person now? I always move out of the way, i dont ever get tailgated, i dont vary my speed between 30 and 50 for whatever reason, i dont get cut off and i haven't wrecked in over 320k miles. which is since i started driving 14 years ago.

But please, resume to tell us how you dont care and yet you are a good driver. Awareness and consideration cannot be substituted for with driver's ed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta