Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 11:56 AM

4,221 posts, read 4,745,158 times

Advertisements

My cousin is throwing a HUGE 30th bday party this Sat nite and has alot of people coming n2 town...any suggestions on something she could do with all of her friends during the DAY on Saturday (between the hours of 1 pm-6pm)??

Any kind of suggestions are welcome...trying 2 find something alot of people would be into doing together...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 12:14 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,644,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
My cousin is throwing a HUGE 30th bday party this Sat nite and has alot of people coming n2 town...any suggestions on something she could do with all of her friends during the DAY on Saturday (between the hours of 1 pm-6pm)??

Any kind of suggestions are welcome...trying 2 find something alot of people would be into doing together...

How about Six Flags, Dave and Buster's, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, or any museum? If they are into nature, then she could round them up to go horseback riding at Track rock stables in Blairsville or take a tour of Atlanta. She could even take them to Atlantic Station to get the party started early. Just my thoughts!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:53 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
What type of things are you looking for? You can find most things outside of snow skiing and surfing.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:40 PM

4,221 posts, read 4,745,158 times
^At this point I'm looking for ANYTHING that's cheap so everyone she's inviting can participate...and she's prefering something indoors cuz she keeps saying it's supposed to rain Saturday...

I know that's not much help LOL

Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
Probably the cheapest thing to do and still be indoors would be to visit the World of Coke. It is $15 per person. It may sound corny, but anywhere else will probably cost a lot more. If you hung out at a bar the tab for an afternoon would be more.

If the weather is good (the rain is supposed to clear up Saturday morning), I would head for Midtown/Piedmont Park or Atlantic Station just to hang out and people watch.

Here is something from the Coke Website.

The World of Coca-Cola is the only place where you can explore the complete story—past, present, and future—of the world's best-known brand!

Taste over 60 different products from around the globe
Experience our thrilling 4-D Theater (3D movie with moving seats)
Be amazed by a fully-functioning bottling line and take home a FREE 8-ounce bottle of Coca-Cola®
Give our 7-foot-tall Coca-Cola® Polar Bear a big hug
See the world's largest collection of Coke memorabilia
View works by artists such as Steve Penley, Haddon Sundblom and Howard Finster in our Pop Culture Gallery
And so much more

Last edited by Archan; 10-21-2009 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-21-2009, 12:28 PM

927 posts, read 2,226,222 times
-Dialogue in the Dark--an exhibit at Atlantic Station where you have to experience being in the dark and only relying on your other senses. I heard it's amazing. Not cheap (about 20 bucks) but heard it's fascinating
-A haunted house- Netherworld (in Norcross) is considered one of the best in the country (#4 according to AOL)Top Haunted Houses: Netherworld - Digital City - Local Lifestyle and Entertainment News, and they filmed some of the movie Zombieland there http://www.fearworld.com/
-A hip hop or any type of dance class- If it's just ladies, a pole dancing class called Pole-a-Teaz http://www.polelateaz.com/ teaches an hour class for free, my girlfriends went the other week and loved it. If you want something for men and women, I'd suggest you look into either Dance 411 or Gotta Dance. They have special introductory rates ($5-$10) for first time class-goers.
-An IMAX show at Fernbank
-Atlantic Station's free artist market (I know, it's outdoors, but in case the weather's good..)

Just a few to get you started...sure there are others that will be recommended!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta