Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 01:08 PM

969 posts, read 1,959,378 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the status of this project? Is it delayed, moving forward, etc?

NW HOV/BRT Homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
Does anyone know the status of this project? Is it delayed, moving forward, etc?

NW HOV/BRT Homepage
It's dead. The stakeholders have decided to go with Light Rail, and rightly so, in my opinion. Now we just need $$$$.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
It's dead. The stakeholders have decided to go with Light Rail, and rightly so, in my opinion. Now we just need $$$$.
Interesting. Do they plan on connecting it to MARTA or bringing it into Midtown/Downtown at all, or is just for Cobb County? Is there a website for the light rail project?

Also, what is going on with the commuter rail plan (link below)?

http://www.dot.state.ga.us/travelingingeorgia/passengerrail/pages/commuterrail.aspx (broken link)

Last edited by mike7586; 10-29-2009 at 03:22 PM..

Old 10-31-2009, 10:23 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Interesting. Do they plan on connecting it to MARTA or bringing it into Midtown/Downtown at all, or is just for Cobb County? Is there a website for the light rail project?

Also, what is going on with the commuter rail plan (link below)?

Commuter Rail (http://www.dot.state.ga.us/travelingingeorgia/passengerrail/pages/commuterrail.aspx - broken link)
Yes, they do plan on connecting to MARTA. Most talk has been of running it from the Arts Center Station.

I really wish there was some recent news Mike, but I can't really find anything out there. Sorry.

As far as Commuter Rail, I DO know that we are under Congressional scrutiny for sitting on the $80+ million intended for the Lovejoy line. Frankly, until we get a new Governor next year, I don't see any movement on this, or the BrainTrain to Athens. Hopefully the Legislature will prove me wrong this winter, but we've been burned before by that crowd, so I'm not very hopeful.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:55 PM

Hmm, there was an article in the AJC about a scaled down version of this plan moving forward. The new plan calls for two or three reversible express toll lanes (similar to the ones on I-95 and I-395 in Northern Virginia) and that's it.

DOT changes course on I-75/I-575 toll proposal *| ajc.com

Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

72 posts, read 174,820 times
Quote:

NW HOV/BRT Homepage
The project was killed. The GDOT invested 13 million to do study and draw plans and have decided it's to expensive.

The job was to be a public/private venture but it turned into a public venture and the GDOT pulled the plug.

I was just talking to an expert about this subject at lunch today.

mover
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta