Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 01:04 AM

5 posts, read 24,064 times

Advertisements

Hi, i am new to the board and I'm hoping someone can help.
I am renting an apartment in McDonough and since moving in, i asked for the landlord about the ceiling in this small room to be fixed ( I can see right up into the roof). They told me it would be on their list to fix. I have put many request in for them to fix leaking water ( my water bill is 80.00 a mo) and many, many other repairs and all i get is, i will forward this to the owner or the supervisor. Nothing has been done and the heat/ac unit keeps running when the temp thing is turned off. They sent me a letter telling me they are now catching up on their bills for the lawn care and i owe them 180.00, but i could pay them 30.00 a mo to make up for it. I was told i didn't pay for lawn care.
They quoted that my least states something about lawn care, but it really doesn't. Where or who would i contact to get me help and i am living on widow benefits and cant afford pay and deduct.
I talked to my neighbors and they all didn't receive a letter about any lawn care catch up bill. If i could move from here and never deal with these people again, i would jump on the move in a minute. I don't know who is the actual owner of this place and it doesn't say it in the lease. I am renting from a property helper.
The property management has many properties so i know she isn't the owner. It also states and she said, shes not the owner.
I needed a new dishwasher and it took them 2.5 mos to bring one.
I just don't know what to do here and i am new to Georgia.
In my lease it states i am responsible for keeping my bills( water, sewer, trash and elec) in order, no noise, told me she does pest control ( i've been paying for), all major problems she will fix and make sure we have a nice home to live in.
Please, if anyone can help i would be so happy.
Thanks for much for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 07:15 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,043,785 times
What does your lease say. Does it say they are responsible for lawn care etc. Does it say they are responsible for keeping the house in good condition. A good lease should have a list of expectations/duties of both the landlord and tenant which shoudl clarify the situation. If you do want to know the owner you can look it up very easily through the county.

Next time maybe you can rent from an individual landlord who is responsive to problems.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM

5 posts, read 24,064 times
As i said in my post, i am responsible for keeping the bills in order ( elec, water, sewer and trash). It says she is responsible for keeping the house in good, liveable condition. The grass is not my responsiblity, and if it was mine, why am i getting charged 180.00 for something that was never discussed with me?
Well, I just wanted to know where i could get help for these problems and not told to look into having an individual landlord. I have to work on this problem before i have another landlord. When my lease is up, i will move out and not look back.
I'm still looking for help in this problem and what city/lawyer i can call.
I'm sick of living with high bills for something i have reported for her time and time again.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: