Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 06:38 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Minus the blizzards...I don't miss shovling after those storms..

Mostly, the COL is true. I may make more in MD but I'm still end up shelling it out one way or another...

I don't see myself back in the Old Line state...
I grew up in the DC area, and from what I hear they don't get the snow they used to 15 years ago when I lived there. I remember getting about 2 blizzards a winter but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Im from NY and Ive been here a little over a year and I am planning to move back as soon as I can. I dont think Atlanta was the right move which is why I will correct the problem by going home.
I think anyone that feels this way should do so immediately. It's not a news flash that Atlanta isn't for everybody. So do it soon. Tomorrow, maybe. Hurry.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:23 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
I grew up in the DC area, and from what I hear they don't get the snow they used to 15 years ago when I lived there. I remember getting about 2 blizzards a winter but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
I haven't paid much attention since I left in 2003, when we had back to back blizzards and snow mountains in store parking lots cause of all the snow...

Took me 3 hrs or more to shovel the driveway and sidewalk from 20+ inches....

From the post on other topics from NYC are just shocked at the lower pay and everything being spread out. That's the main issue where folks want to go back home.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 PM

5 posts, read 24,082 times
I thought this was going to be a great place for me, but i will move back north.
This is me personally and nothing against anyone. One nice thing, i got to see atlanta and it is nice.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM

305 posts, read 1,004,651 times
I really do not understand comment such as this, the op is stating he is not happy in Atlanta and is looking to move as soon as possible for him. What is so wrong about that, if you are unhappy then he is correct he should find a place where he could be more happy.

I took your advice and moved finally back home were I am happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I think anyone that feels this way should do so immediately. It's not a news flash that Atlanta isn't for everybody. So do it soon. Tomorrow, maybe. Hurry.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
I really do not understand comment such as this, the op is stating he is not happy in Atlanta and is looking to move as soon as possible for him. What is so wrong about that, if you are unhappy then he is correct he should find a place where he could be more happy.

I took your advice and moved finally back home were I am happy
Nothing wrong at all with it. Stop your whining. Do it. Do it now. And it's where, not were.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:13 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times
Quote:
you sound a bit bitter......

Old 11-11-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
you sound a bit bitter......
No, just trying to expedite the Exodus back to the Promised Land. Bitter? No, I love it here.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 PM

657 posts, read 1,504,668 times
I moved back to DC a couple of years ago after being in Atlanta for four months. Too conservative. Too spread out. The people just don't have the same mindset that you find in the Northeast (DC to Boston) or in California.

I have parents in the Atlanta area and I monitor this forum to keep up to date on what's going on. Due to the recession they are reluctant to sell their home, but most likely will do so once the market picks back up. They're probably going to move back to Connecticut.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:01 PM

657 posts, read 1,504,668 times
Quote:
No, just trying to expedite the Exodus back to the Promised Land. Bitter? No, I love it here.
Seriously, it's this sort of attitude that really turned me off to Atlanta. This smug, "anti-Yankee" attitude by locals. This preachy "evangelical" approach that is typical of the region -- it smacks of "if you're not with us, you're against us." Quite paranoid actually.

There's this perception among Southerners that we "Yankees" have a superiority complex. Go read the local DC, New York and Boston forums. There is barely a mention of "The South". If we thought we were so great, then you would probably see us bashing the South in those forums. Instead there's barely a peep.

But here in this Atlanta forum there's a constant stream of negativity, crime statistics and this paranoid, Confederate mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta