Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 04:52 PM

719 posts, read 1,697,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
They were my friends but they made awful jokes about black people eating those foods.I just got to point as I am now older and too tired to give a ***** what anyone thinks.
You're a good man afonega1. A better man than I. Still drives me nuts what other people think, sometimes anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 05:35 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
You're a good man afonega1. A better man than I. Still drives me nuts what other people think, sometimes anyway.
I see myself as a Rosa Parks.I'm just sick and tired and am im gonna eat this chicken and watermelon for all my people to be free!LOL.(i eat with class and with the pinky out!lol)

Old 11-14-2009, 05:40 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I see myself as a Rosa Parks.I'm just sick and tired and am im gonna eat this chicken and watermelon for all my people to be free!LOL.(i eat with class and with the pinky out!lol)

Can I get a piece?

Old 11-14-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Can I get a piece?
Like Martin said:There is seat at the table for all of mankind to pull up a chair an eat chicken and watermelon!!

Ok maybe he did not say the chicken/watermelon part.that part is gonna be revealed in his memoirs when they open the new Civil Rights museum next to Coca Cola Museum so then you can have a Coke,and a smile to wash it down.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:18 PM

Actually theres my answer.Coke.Coca Cola can be Atlanta's "food."Not bad contribution to people lunch or dinner time world over.Not bad at all.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:23 AM

135 posts, read 476,418 times
Try "This IS IT BBQ." This Is It BBQ & Seafoodâ„¢
Everything I've tasted there was delicious. I really enjoy their Red Velvet Cake, too!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:28 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times
Corner Chicken Wing shops would probably be the closest thing to "Atlanta Street Food" Jamals Wings are the BEST IN ATLANTA BAR NONE! And it's right on the outside of downtown Atlanta...Check it out! Jamal's Buffalo Wings - Atlanta, GA

Old 11-16-2009, 08:53 AM

927 posts, read 2,225,055 times
Soul food and hot wings are definitely Atlanta. BBQ is big but not a specialty like in the Carolinas or Texas.

I think in most places down south those three are on our regional menu.

There is a hot wings/fried fish spot in practically every hood gas station you can find. It's either going to be in a beat up trailer outside the gas station or, if they're fancy, a part of a newer gas station's shopping center.

When I see the three above, I know I'm home :-)

Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 AM

815 posts, read 2,135,997 times
I may be the only one, but I tend to think of places like American Deli, Boston Fish Supreme, and Yasin's Fish as typical Atlanta street food. Almost every inner city neighborhood here has at least one. We had all three growing up in my neighborhood. I swear I can eat a Lamb Gyro w/ fries and a 5 piece wing order along with a large fruit punch from American Deli every single day and never get tired of it.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
Soul food and hot wings are definitely Atlanta. BBQ is big but not a specialty like in the Carolinas or Texas.

I think in most places down south those three are on our regional menu.

There is a hot wings/fried fish spot in practically every hood gas station you can find. It's either going to be in a beat up trailer outside the gas station or, if they're fancy, a part of a newer gas station's shopping center.

When I see the three above, I know I'm home :-)
Yeah you definitely feel me BizChick! For Jamals Wings you can take Marta to the Vine City Station Rail Station (one stop away from Five Points Station) and walk one block to Northside and Martin Luther King (across from the Georgia Dome) and it will be on your right hand side. Order a 20 Piece Lemon Pepper and Hot/BBQ with a side of cheese fries! That's ATL baby! Probably the only Marta Rail accesible wing spot where the tourist wouldn't look completely hmmm out of place?...lol

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 11-16-2009 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta