Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 5,313 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Atlanta September of 2010. I am not sure where to move. I am an accountant and my husband write and produce music. Can someone tell me where would be the best place to move? Which cities would you consider the safest cities and still be able to further our career?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 08:53 AM

927 posts, read 2,225,354 times
We'd need a bit more info to help you out. What's your budget like? Are you renting or buying? What kind of vibe do you prefer (walkable, denser, urban community or suburban setting), etc.

You can live anywhere in the city to further your career. You'd moreso want to move close to where your job is or at the least has good public transportation route.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 5,313 times
I will be renting a house. Both of us have cars. we do not have kids. I say no more than $1300 for rent. We want to find a nice neighborhood and go from there. I have my own buisness so moving close to work is not an issue for either of us.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:58 AM

927 posts, read 2,225,354 times
For your budget and safety concerns, the best bet would be the City of Decatur, East Atlanta and other eastern Atlanta neighborhoods within the perimeter (a.ka. I-285, the highway that encircles the intown areas of metro Atlanta) or fairly close to it (Clarkston and possibly Stone Mountain).

Other neighborhoods that are better (amenities, aesthetics, proximity to the city) have townhomes in your budget, but a house would be hard to find. These areas would be Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Brookhaven.

There are suburbs further out that would give you a wider array of options, but since most of the music industry activity is in the city, midtown and the Westside (west midtown) in particular, you would be better served being closer to the city and not dealing with OTP (outside the perimeter) traffic.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:32 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,078,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caratdiamond View Post
I will be renting a house. Both of us have cars. we do not have kids. I say no more than $1300 for rent. We want to find a nice neighborhood and go from there. I have my own buisness so moving close to work is not an issue for either of us.
You may want to consider Vinings, also. Safe, relatively trendy, convenient to Buckhead, downtown, and the airport, and located just inside the perimeter (but in unincorporated Cobb County, meaning relatively sane government and fairly low property taxes).

It's also quite close to the Chattahoochee River (the river acts as the border between Fulton County and Cobb County).

The $1300 price point might be be challenging, though. Not sure.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 AM

97 posts, read 355,554 times
Do Accountants really rent?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:53 AM

97 posts, read 355,554 times
Westside prolly good spot..... near the studios and close to Midtown and affordable. If it matters, most of the large accounting firms are in Midtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta