Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Atlanta Boring?
Yes 14 36.84%
No 24 63.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:53 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theATLien View Post
damn man ... You couldn't break it a little easier lol
I call it like it is

Old 11-30-2009, 04:24 PM

268 posts, read 948,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Second of all, y'all don't know where I'm from. I'm not from Madison, Alabama. I'm not jealous of Atlanta. My intent wasn't to get anyone going. Now, I see how sensitive you guys get about the "ATL." I like Atlanta, but it tends to get boring.

But the bottom line is you're from Alabama and we have more people in our metro than your entire state and please see your way back west on I-20 or south on I-85 and you will be back home in Alabama, maybe if you would get from behind your computer and go into the sunlight outside it wouldn't be so boring, cities aren't boring, people are, so if it isn't the city guess who it is YOU!!!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:55 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,709,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
"Harpo, who this woman?"

Yall need help...

Old 11-30-2009, 05:44 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt 3000 View Post
but the bottom line is you're from alabama and we have more people in our metro than your entire state
and your point is? Atlanta is garbage along with alabama. So you can get off alabama because with alabama, atlanta wouldn't be what it is today! I hope atlanta loses population and everybody goes to alabama. At least there won't have traffic porblems there since the state is big enough. And at least everyone won't go thirsty because there's no water to go around.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:00 PM

725 posts, read 1,510,910 times
Quote:
and your point is? Atlanta is garbage along with alabama. So you can get off alabama because with alabama, atlanta wouldn't be what it is today! I hope atlanta loses population and everybody goes to alabama. At least there won't have traffic porblems there since the state is big enough. And at least everyone won't go thirsty because there's no water to go around.
yep somebody isnt getting any...

Old 11-30-2009, 06:29 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,709,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theATLien View Post
yep somebody isnt getting any...

Behave before Uncle Greg comes in and locks up shop....

Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 PM

183 posts, read 230,788 times
Quote:
You sound so bitter. Alabama is always going to be Country, Sorry it didnt progress the way Atlanta did there are more people in Atlanta then there is in the whole state lol thats funny

Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM

719 posts, read 1,697,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
I think you misunderstood my post, and you're preaching to the choir. I'm not one of those putting Atlanta down, but I do recognize that a city like NYC has some unique attributes not found in any other US city.
And remember there's also a question of scale that has to be taken into account when talking about New York. Scale, combined with New York's unparalleled importance as a modern urban center (not only most important one in modern world but also arguably in a class rivaled historically only by ancient Rome), that makes it ridiculous to compare New York with any other North American city.

So in trying to get a grasp on why it's silly to compare Atl-NY, let's not forget, it's not really just a matter of more attractions.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 PM

268 posts, read 948,701 times
Quote:
Second of all, y'all don't know where I'm from. I'm not from Madison, Alabama. I'm not jealous of Atlanta. My intent wasn't to get anyone going. Now, I see how sensitive you guys get about the "ATL." I like Atlanta, but it tends to get boring.
Quote:

My how you contradict yourself, one minute you like Atlanta and the next you hope it loses population and it's garbage, its not our fault that you are disgruntled because Alabama isn't trying to be progressive like Atlanta and please explain how Alabama has anything to do with where Atlanta is today, but I will say Alabama could have had the first international airport in the south and they didn't want it, the federal gov't thought it was a strategically located location but oh well Alabama's loss was our gain which turned into Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and thats wishful thinking that everyone moves to Alabama.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times
Y'all are so arrogant. I know that's how Atlanta people think about Alabama. THey think about it in a negative way. Everyone except me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta