Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 PM

14 posts, read 43,036 times

Advertisements

Has Atlanta changed from 2003 to now? Has the Black Mecca turned into the Gay Mecca/Down Low Lifestyle, No Jobs and still a Water Shortage?? HELP I'M MOVING BACK and wonders how the city is. I love this city and am trying to make a decision or should I return to Miami. My move date is Dec.30th!! I am currently in my hometown of Orlando, Florida and have lived in Miami and Atlanta before. I will be 34 years old on Jan. 6th and with my 1st child a 7 month old...I have had enough drama for the past year and disappointments in my hometown for the past 4 years. I am ready for more in my life....HELP ME PEOPLE--WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THE ATL??

Last edited by lisaedunn; 12-08-2009 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: missed some information...

Old 12-08-2009, 06:34 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaedunn View Post
[i]Has Atlanta changed from 2003 to now?
Yes.

Quote:
Has the Black Mecca turned into the Gay Mecca
It's still the black mecca, and it has been a gay mecca for longer than just 6 years. So the city hasn't "turned" into anything.

Quote:
No Jobs
Finding a job is tough in any city right now, even here. There are people hiring, and I've had 5 friends get new jobs in the last few weeks. BUT don't expect to just walk into a job. In this economy, if a company needs to hire someone they can have their choice of the cream of the crop. Be prepared to fight for a job.

Quote:
and still a Water Shortage??
The drought is over and there are currently flood warnings in the area. So yeah, no water problems here.

For the rest, it would just be personal opinion of your situation and given that I don't know you I won't go there. I will say that if you loved living here before that wouldn't change any

Old 12-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Default Great!

Thanks so much for the info. I do love it there thats why I am returning back for that reason and others not related to Atlanta. Very helpful!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times

Old 12-08-2009, 10:58 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Note that you can also combine several questions into one post rather than create new postings for each set of questions.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 AM

Default So sorry...

This ws my first time on this site as well as posting a question...I had a question earlier about Atlanta vs Miami and could not believe that question was on here with all the answers to go with it when I googled it. I used to live in both places so I was curious... thats when I joined and signed up-last night! But truthfully they are seperate questions for a reason...they all have somewhat different context and the average reader does not like to go through what what they might deem a large dissertation even though the post would not be that if you know what I mean. But thanks for the head up!!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times
Quote:
Has Atlanta changed from 2003 to now? Has the Black Mecca turned into the Gay Mecca/Down Low Lifestyle, No Jobs and still a Water Shortage?? HELP I'M MOVING BACK and wonders how the city is. I love this city and am trying to make a decision or should I return to Miami. My move date is Dec.30th!! I am currently in my hometown of Orlando, Florida and have lived in Miami and Atlanta before. I will be 34 years old on Jan. 6th and with my 1st child a 7 month old...I have had enough drama for the past year and disappointments in my hometown for the past 4 years. I am ready for more in my life....HELP ME PEOPLE--WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THE ATL??
You moving in less than 30 days to a city that you lived in once but dont know what is going and with a baby? What is wrong with you? You need a job before you just pick up and move whether its to Atlanta or Miami!!!!!!!!!!!! A 34 y/o w/a child should be using her brain and putting the needs of her child first rather than just wanting to get out of a city. And you want to start a business on top of that? Please tell me you have some money to live off of until your business takes off? Please tell me you have ppl here to help you and your child? Please tell you me have some type of plan and not just winging it..There is no mecca...there will always be change
Not trying to rain on your parade but somebody has to point out the obvious!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 10:20 AM

Default Look here YBF!!!

First and foremost you are being extremely negative....RELAX YOURSELF AND LEARN TO BE RESPECTFUL!!! Look here why would I move if I did not have money...your a real ass for saying the comments that you said without knowing anything. I am very familiar with Atlanta even though i have not lived there since 2003. I work for myself here and yes plan to do the same there. Piece of advice my mama and every other mama in the neighborhood taught me..IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING AT ALL!!!.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,924,764 times
Quote:
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING AT ALL!!!.
Quote:
your a real ass
mmhmm

Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Atlanta hasn't changed in any drastic way since 2003...it has grown tremendously and you will see the changes you might see in any prosperous city, but it hasn't "become" anything different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta