Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 6,452 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm going to move to Atlanta soon and I was wondering if somebody could help me put.

What areas are "walkable" in Buckhead, meaning is there a specific road or street that I could find a place to rent where I could walk to a coffeeshop or restaurant? Just to give me an idea where to look before I get there...
Thank you for any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoAtl225 View Post
Hi, I'm going to move to Atlanta soon and I was wondering if somebody could help me put.

What areas are "walkable" in Buckhead, meaning is there a specific road or street that I could find a place to rent where I could walk to a coffeeshop or restaurant? Just to give me an idea where to look before I get there...
Thank you for any info
I would suggest:

Pharr Rd.
Streets crossing Peachtree between Peachtree Hills Blvd and Matheson Dr.
Colonial Homes Dr
Collier Rd across from Piedmont Hospital
Streets off Peachtree between Peachtree Hills and the Connector Bridge.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:35 AM

31 posts, read 121,148 times
I am also looking for a walkable area in Buckhead. I work from home, so I'd like to find a place with amenities and a view as well. 10 Terminus seemed ideal, but they don't do rentals and I don't want to buy until I've lived here a while and know the area better. Can someone recommend any upscale high rise condos?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:37 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumrgurl View Post
I am also looking for a walkable area in Buckhead. I work from home, so I'd like to find a place with amenities and a view as well. 10 Terminus seemed ideal, but they don't do rentals and I don't want to buy until I've lived here a while and know the area better. Can someone recommend any upscale high rise condos?
What's your budget and size requirements? I had my realtor to find a unit in the building I wanted in Midtown and had her negotiate it for me. I also looked around on Craigslist by searching for specific building names. The problem is some aren't legit rentals and you can find yourself evicted. Units listed on the MLS tend to be safer for this at least.

There are a ton of high rise condo buildings w/ rental units in the area. Buckhead Grand, Realm, Gallery, Eclipse, etc. Pretty sure they all have 24/7 concierge, pool, clubhouse, etc. If you're wanting fancier stuff...then it may be a bit trickier but just research all their websites for what you're looking for. Some are more walkable than others of course so pick out where along Peachtree you want to be located.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:55 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,067 times
Peachtree Hills is the answer!!
Go down Peachtree or Piedmont and turn down Lindberg until you hit Peachtree Hills. The neighborhood is ADORABLE and there are a few apt. complexes and even a few homes with little apartments for rent. There's a small but quaint commercial area in the middle with some good eats and a starbucks (blech) at Peachtree and Peachtree Hils. Worth driving around for sure.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 AM

31 posts, read 121,148 times
Thanks for the help. I'll check these out for sure. As far as budget, I can go up to $3000 a month, but I really want 3 bedrooms and a VIEW. I'm also a 45-year-old single empty nester, so I would really like to find an area where there is opportunity for meeting people. Would Midtown be a better option? I get the feeling that's more for the 20-somethings.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 AM

8,486 posts, read 14,997,570 times
North buckhead is another area to check out. The area between Phipps mall and Brookhaven on Peachtree Rd is very dense with lots of Condos, Rowhouses and Townhouses. The neighborhood is mostly empty nesters and young professionals. There is a nice Borders, a couple of small shops and of course Lenox and Phipps mall.

Also look at South Buckhead from 18th street north to Peachtree hills along Peachtree road. TONS of stuff in that area as far as shopping, dining, entertainment, etc. I would say it's the most well rounded urban neighborhood in Buckhead at the moment until the Streets of Buckhead open.

Both areas have great views of the city.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:08 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Quote:
Thanks for the help. I'll check these out for sure. As far as budget, I can go up to $3000 a month, but I really want 3 bedrooms and a VIEW. I'm also a 45-year-old single empty nester, so I would really like to find an area where there is opportunity for meeting people. Would Midtown be a better option? I get the feeling that's more for the 20-somethings.
I think that Buckhead and Midtown would be good options for you. Midtown is not just for 20-somethings. The deciding factor might be where you work.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:10 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Check out Inman Park too. Specifically close to www.inmanparkvillage.com. We have lots coffee and restaurants within walking distance.

www.inmanpark.org

Old 07-17-2009, 11:13 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,072 times
I think Midtown might work best for you. It is definitely not just for 20 somethings, there are all ages and things to do for all age groups. Midtown is definitely more walker friendly then Buckhead.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: