U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:08 PM

112 posts, read 331,771 times

Advertisements

I've been on job boards since graduating and nothing. Either they are scams where you can't make money or not what they are looking for. I did talk to my college and they said keep applying. Good answer huh? Yeah right I have loans to pay back and want to get a Master's also. In this economy it seems like college gradautes can't not find jobs. I know people who gradauted a semester or a year before me and still have not found jobs. They either are in gradaute school or still job hunting. I quit going to job fairs because they refer you to Internet and never call you.

Tempoary services can't help either. I have been to many and they even said they can't help because they don't have anything and laying off people. I went to some services down here and they don't help college grads so that leaves me screwed again. So I just surf the net and continue to look.

I may come down to visit on Spring Break to get a feeling for the city. I am looking at jobs down there. Thanks for feedback. keep it coming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 11:43 AM

112 posts, read 331,771 times
What is the best jobs for college gradaute with a degree in Radio and Televison and Speech Communication minor. Does anyone know about Drew Charter school or University Community Atlanta Charter schools? I looked them up on Great Schools and the parents said they were excellent. Just wanted to hear from people on the board. Also how are the youth football teams?

Old 04-16-2010, 09:25 AM

28 posts, read 30,075 times
I can feel your pain. I made the choice to leave Cincinnati, and I just got an MBA. Ohio's manufactuing sector has been hammered, and there is a mass exodus of people leaving the state. I think ATL will be a better market for you than Cincinnati, and I know a girl who graduated with a degree in Sports Management who couldn't find a job for six months, moved to ATL and stayed with relatives, and found a good job in her field in three months. She said she will never return to Ohio.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:29 AM

28 posts, read 102,502 times
This is an old thread but I would like to reply as well since I also moved from Cincy to Atlanta a year ago.

So far, Atlanta is nice. More things to do, more places within reasonable driving distance to go to and more food choices

What I miss about Cincy though is the more laid back environment, less lanes and traffic in the interstates, quiet airport with much friendlier personnel, and my beloved Reds.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 AM

4,688 posts, read 6,810,431 times
plenty of jobs are here, you just have to know where to find them

check out my thread on new jobs in the metro area and google those companies and email them

Old 04-16-2010, 11:36 AM

613 posts, read 888,943 times
It's pretty tight most everywhere, so take whatever you can get... no matter what it is and what it pays. That'll open many doors for you, because you'll run into people that knows somebody that knows somebody. Who you know, and not what you know applies in this day and time more so than any other time in recent history.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:01 PM

884 posts, read 2,408,790 times
I left Cinci for the DC region Twith hubby) we both were college grads and had a hard time finding more than the average csr jobs. Since that time we are doing great and have no regrets. I have friends that moved to Atlanta and Charlotte and the thing is to get the job and connections first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or