Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 06:45 AM

7 posts, read 34,777 times

Advertisements

1. Budget $500,000
2. House/Condo/Townhome? House
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) commute
4. Children(public school vs. private) public
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two suburban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? not
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Young families with neighborhood clubs and activities for children

My husband would only need to commute once a month to airport so distance would not really be that important. I think he can sit in traffic for one day a month. Looking for golf, lake, swim community.

I have been researching and we seem to like northern parts but haven't ruled out anywhere. Schools and safety are extremely important. I would like a neighborhood with plenty of activities for kids. Playgrounds, group activities, swimming etc.

I prefer a house with an 1/2 acre or more and three car garage. Property with some privacy where houses are not right on top of each other. Possibly lake access or close to lake although not necessary. I prefer a newer updated home with granite etc not something we would need to update. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also I need to be close to shopping as well. I don't want to have to travel 30 mins to get to a Target. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 06:54 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter6868 View Post
1. Budget $500,000
2. House/Condo/Townhome? House
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) commute
4. Children(public school vs. private) public
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two suburban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? not
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Young families with neighborhood clubs and activities for children

My husband would only need to commute once a month to airport so distance would not really be that important. I think he can sit in traffic for one day a month. Looking for golf, lake, swim community.

I have been researching and we seem to like northern parts but haven't ruled out anywhere. Schools and safety are extremely important. I would like a neighborhood with plenty of activities for kids. Playgrounds, group activities, swimming etc.

I prefer a house with an 1/2 acre or more and three car garage. Property with some privacy where houses are not right on top of each other. Possibly lake access or close to lake although not necessary. I prefer a newer updated home with granite etc not something we would need to update. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also I need to be close to shopping as well. I don't want to have to travel 30 mins to get to a Target. Thanks.
Where will your husband be working?

Old 01-08-2010, 07:08 AM

7 posts, read 34,777 times
He is a pilot so only needs to commute one time to airport...so where we live does not matter. He won't be commuting everyday to a job.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:17 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
You can look at some of the developments in Cherokee County, like Bridgemill, Harmony on the Lakes and Great Sky. Some of the lots in those developments will meet the 1/2 acre requirement, which is probably the most challenging of all of your requirements. I believe Bridgemill is the only one of the three with golf in the community, but they all have golf nearby.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:24 AM

7 posts, read 30,512 times
East Cobb. I don't know if your kids are older or younger but schools that feed into the Walton/Pope high schools in that area are good. Lots of neighborhoods/subdivisions in this area are swim/tennis and have a lake in the middle. It takes us 30 min max to get to the airport from here. Good luck!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:33 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senora View Post
East Cobb. I don't know if your kids are older or younger but schools that feed into the Walton/Pope high schools in that area are good. Lots of neighborhoods/subdivisions in this area are swim/tennis and have a lake in the middle. It takes us 30 min max to get to the airport from here. Good luck!
The definitive answer .

Old 01-08-2010, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,345 times
Yep, East Cobb would be the place.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:47 PM

12 posts, read 35,373 times
If you would like more land and are willing to drive about 10 min more to go to activities, the West Cobb area would be a great place as well. There are great schools (espcially the ones that feed to Harrison and Allatoona High Schools) and large lots. We are only about 30min from the airport and the route avoids interstates. Most of the neighborhoods have HOA's with pools and tennis and many of the schools provide ample after school clubs. The Brookstone development is filled with many families and depending on which area can offer up to over an acre of land and is typically cheaper. We are 10 min from two different movie theaters, super targets, and walmarts and have easy access to the more cramped areas (such as East Cobb) without the traffic, sound, and with larger lots and equal schools. Don't just look at East Cobb, look at West Cobb too!

Old 01-10-2010, 07:35 AM

744 posts, read 2,481,397 times
I would suggest that you also add Peachtree City to your list. The town has 3 golf courses in the city limits and a 4th located just outside the city limits.Over 40 miles of golfcart paths that go all over the community( no need for car to go to local resturants,shops etc ). Good recreational facilities, several communities have competitive swim teams etc. Super easy commute to airport for husband - traffic in general is much lighter on the southside of Atlanta which is where Peachtree City and the airport both are.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,418,502 times
Here's an older development with a newer section of homes and you can come in under budget. The lot sizes don't meet your requirements, but it's worth a look. Pinetree Country Club in Kennesaw has a great location. It's right off of the Wade Green Road exit on 75. You are close to 75, 575, Kennesaw State and Town Center/ Barrett Parkway. They have a beautiful course that was revamped last year. The Olympic pool is gorgeous and everyone is very friendly. All of your day to day needs (grocery, drugstore, etc.) are available close by. You will also be within a short distance of Kennesaw National Battlefield, which is great for hiking, and a few exits from Lake Allatoona. DM me if you want more information.

Last edited by antiquesmountainapache; 01-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: To add additional information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta