U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 02:21 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,654,392 times

Advertisements

The Alpharetta now is not the Alpharetta of even 5 years ago. It is now one of the biggest technology clusters in the southeast and very diverse having attracted lots of asian and south asian talent - at this point in time I would classifiy it as a "swing" town. It is definitely not an ultraconservative town and I would recommend it. Johns Creek on the other hand is more conservative - it was carved out of the rich parts of Duluth, Norcross and some sections of Alpharetta by older, rich white folks who wanted an enclave all to their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 03:25 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,461,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Johns Creek on the other hand is more conservative - it was carved out of the rich parts of Duluth, Norcross and some sections of Alpharetta by older, rich white folks who wanted an enclave all to their own.
Johns Creek is a lot more than an enclave for "older rich white folks." As of 2010 it was 63% white, with 23.4 percent Asian; 9.2 percent African American; and 5.2 percent Hispanic or Latino. Even at the time of incorporation the city was only 73% white.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:22 PM

2,117 posts, read 2,291,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
Johns Creek is a lot more than an enclave for "older rich white folks." As of 2010 it was 63% white, with 23.4 percent Asian; 9.2 percent African American; and 5.2 percent Hispanic or Latino. Even at the time of incorporation the city was only 73% white.
Yes, that is a generalization, but I would not disagree with the characterization of it as an enclave for older rich white folks. It probably has the largest concentration of the aforementioned demographic of anywhere in the metro area (with the possible exception of Acworth)

Old 08-11-2013, 06:40 PM

10,212 posts, read 9,879,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Yes, that is a generalization, but I would not disagree with the characterization of it as an enclave for older rich white folks. It probably has the largest concentration of the aforementioned demographic of anywhere in the metro area (with the possible exception of Acworth)
Define "older"? I'm feeling a little old myself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or