U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:23 PM

4,458 posts, read 6,289,864 times

Advertisements

The Rockdale Citizen yesterday said the mom called the police first before checking because the daughter had done this beforehand so this isn't some innocent teenager, imho.

Stupid and perverted adult, if he knew her true age but if he didn't, I feel sorry for what his future holds with the sex offender label...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,224,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
It doesn't matter whether she told him she was over 18 or not...she's still a minor, and it's the adult's responsibility to KNOW the age of the person he/she is having sex with. Yes, some 14 year-olds may look like adults, but come on...if there is any suspicion in a 31 year-old's head he should FIND OUT.

A 14 year-old is not considered an adult and would not be held accountable for such decisions - no matter how old they look.

My point, I think was---this sort of incident is truly horrifying to me. Brought up in a different era and it truly disgusts me. I know times have changed and I know 'sexuality' is practiced in different ways and that individuals have the right to decide their own values but --no, I don't like to hear things like this.

The legal system will administer justice--as it sees fit. But according to me---with my ancient standards--it is wrong for a man to do something like this.

Also wrong for a young woman to allow herself to be in such a situation but--turn on the TV or look around you---this sort of thing goes on.

It truly makes me 'sick'. Setting all 'reality' aside---this sort of person is taking up oxygen on the planet---as are many others.

If you have it inside you to live a better life it makes me feel better to know that there are those who do that. I've just heard too much of the bad stories.

Can't help but hope that help is on the way for the survivors of the Earthquake in Haiti. Certain that healthcare professionals, good and caring people from the Atlanta area are enroute as we speak to give what aid they can to the innocent victims in this country. Maybe there will be some stories on the news about that tonight.

Guess the 'world' has been this way for a long, long, time and is really not going to change.

Sorry to veer from the topic, if I did.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:49 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,859,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Jeez! He would at the bottom of a lake and she would be in boarding school.

Poor parent! Seems like it's a combination of both parties. By the way, I know some good boarding schools.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 PM

26 posts, read 165,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Forget digging a hole. I'd find an incinerator & burn the "evidence" to ashes!
No good, not unless you dismember the body first and grind up the larger bones. Most of the incinerators that you'ld find on a chicken or pig farm don't burn good enough to destroy a full-grown human.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:23 PM

26 posts, read 165,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
My point, I think was---this sort of incident is truly horrifying to me. Brought up in a different era and it truly disgusts me. I know times have changed and I know 'sexuality' is practiced in different ways and that individuals have the right to decide their own values but --no, I don't like to hear things like this.
There were still quite a few Widows of Confederate Veterans alive in the 1980's, so if anything I'd say people were even more permissive about old men being with young women in the Good Old Days.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 PM

31,555 posts, read 34,810,930 times
The guy is no good, the girl is definitely should be held accountable for her actions as she is, right now, no good as well. Giving her a "pass" because she is a minor guarentees she will just get worse.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:37 PM

4,091 posts, read 4,957,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Well, no...the girl is 14 years old - a minor. The 31 year-old man is totally to blame in this case.
And the minor led the man to her house, and into her room.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:44 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,224,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarog View Post
There were still quite a few Widows of Confederate Veterans alive in the 1980's, so if anything I'd say people were even more permissive about old men being with young women in the Good Old Days.

I guess you are trying to tell me this has always gone on---why be upset,old lady?

Fine--I am frequently spoken to in a dismissive tone.

Nonetheless---a 31 year old man crawling out of a young woman's bedroom is something that disgusts me. Let's don't forget what Thomas Jefferson did---he slept with his slaves---that wasn't good either.

No shortage of human beings that have not lived good lives.

Once again--to anyone on this forum--if you are leading a life of decency and integrity--I thank you for that. I know there are many 'Out There' that just don't live like this and when confronted with such incidents are more than just jaded/callous---'That's the way it is'.

(((for those who want what is Good))))

Old 01-13-2010, 09:48 PM

2,117 posts, read 3,633,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Jeez! He would at the bottom of a lake and she would be in boarding school.
Boarding school? Heck no. I'd want her where I can keep an eye on her and enforce some stricter rules. The door would come off her room, she would have a strict curfew, she would lose her precious little cellphone, internet, and any other form of modern communication.

Sounds to me like that child grew up way too fast.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,649,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post

The legal system will administer justice--as it sees fit. But according to me---with my ancient standards--it is wrong for a man to do something like this.

Also wrong for a young woman to allow herself to be in such a situation but--turn on the TV or look around you---this sort of thing goes on.

It truly makes me 'sick'. Setting all 'reality' aside---this sort of person is taking up oxygen on the planet---as are many others.

If you have it inside you to live a better life it makes me feel better to know that there are those who do that. I've just heard too much of the bad stories.

Can't help but hope that help is on the way for the survivors of the Earthquake in Haiti. Certain that healthcare professionals, good and caring people from the Atlanta area are enroute as we speak to give what aid they can to the innocent victims in this country. Maybe there will be some stories on the news about that tonight.

Guess the 'world' has been this way for a long, long, time and is really not going to change.

Sorry to veer from the topic, if I did.
Good post...but keep in mind, a 14 year-old is not a "young woman" - she is a CHILD. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or