U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 07:13 PM

3,528 posts, read 4,388,090 times

Advertisements

Umm... don't they have them(incinerators) in funeral homes/mortuaries? For cremation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarog View Post
No good, not unless you dismember the body first and grind up the larger bones. Most of the incinerators that you'ld find on a chicken or pig farm don't burn good enough to destroy a full-grown human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 PM

927 posts, read 1,950,736 times
Amen. He had absolutely no way of knowing where she lived unless she told him. He is disgusting and worthy of punishment. At the same time, young people do have agency and they have sense enough to know that something ain't right with sneaking some strange man more than twice your age into your house. I never would have dreamed of that at 14 and had sense enough not to even desire it.

These are the things that happen early in one's life that lets you know that clearly something is not right, and it will continue to get worse for this child if her parents do not reign it in and figure out what is missing in this girl's life.

One of my personal beliefs is that people are who they are until they make the steps to change. While I have matured and gained numerous life experiences that have given me a certain perspective, I am fundamentally the same person I was several years ago. I have the same flaws and same attributes. My mom taught me to work hard when I was little, and I'm the exact same way today. I had a tendency to be late when I was little and I'm the same now. Unless I make the steps to change, I will be the exact same.

With that said, something happened to this girl that made her who she is to be attracting older men and sneaking them in her home, and unless she is looked at as someone who has agency in her life, she will only get worse. If she's looked at as solely a victim when, legally she is, but in reality according to the account she led this man to her, she will continue to blame everyone else for her situation and whatever mishaps happen to her as she grows older.

I had a girlfriend growing up who was abnormally promiscuous, grew up in a solid household, at least that's what we thought, went to private school, was smart, the works. She was younger than us, but ended up being the first to become pregnant, never finished school, and is in an abusive relationship. She is precisely the same girl she was at 13 but just is experiencing adult consequences for her decisions. At 13, her mom never wanted to examine what was going on and tossed it aside thinking of her child as simply a victim and got defensive when people tried to bring it to her attention, but even then this girl used to dress provocatively and come on to dudes much older than her.

Young people do have agency and sense and the earlier adults recognize that, the more likely teenagers will grow up to be responsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Roslyn, I'm sure you know by now how respected your POV is by other posters on this forum, and you may well have hit the target in this case. Obviously, something is woefully amiss in this girl's life if an 'alleged wrong number' lead to an assignation (that makes my skin crawl). My own take: there is a complete absence of a moral compass in this girl's life, which under normal circumstances would be provided by a parent. That is why I said earlier that if this was my child I would get down to business. I know what standards I have set for my daughters, and when they did not meet them punishment would be severe (not abusive).
In either case, the girl is indeed a victim, by either my definition or yours...or both.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:46 PM

26 posts, read 165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Umm... don't they have them(incinerators) in funeral homes/mortuaries? For cremation?
Yes, but I imagine it would be a real hassle trying to sneak a murder victim into a regular cremator, unless you're really cool with the owners or nightshift workers.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:44 PM

26 posts, read 165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I guess you are trying to tell me this has always gone on---why be upset,old lady?

Fine--I am frequently spoken to in a dismissive tone.
Not really, if I want to mock the Baby Boomers, I'll note how all the "Hell-no-we-won't-go" types from '68 eagerly sent their first born off to get Gulf War Syndrome in '91.

Quote:
Nonetheless---a 31 year old man crawling out of a young woman's bedroom is something that disgusts me. Let's don't forget what Thomas Jefferson did---he slept with his slaves---that wasn't good either.
Well sexuality of any kind tends to leave me disgusted or disinterested (asexual). I just don't automatically attribute youthfulness with innocence, or immaturaty.

As for Jefferson, if the relationship was consensual then so what? I personally think that adultery and misceregation, like radical age disparity, are indeed bad-- maybe even something worth killing over if it happened in my family-- but I don't really think that either of them should be illegal.

(Incidentally, it's not known for certian that he was in fact the father of Sally Hemming's children, just that at least one of her was the product of a relationship of at least one of the males from his bloodline.)

Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,217,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarog View Post
Not really, if I want to mock the Baby Boomers, I'll note how all the "Hell-no-we-won't-go" types from '68 eagerly sent their first born off to get Gulf War Syndrome in '91.

Well sexuality of any kind tends to leave me disgusted or disinterested (asexual). I just don't automatically attribute youthfulness with innocence, or immaturaty.

As for Jefferson, if the relationship was consensual then so what? I personally think that adultery and misceregation, like radical age disparity, are indeed bad-- maybe even something worth killing over if it happened in my family-- but I don't really think that either of them should be illegal.

(Incidentally, it's not known for certian that he was in fact the father of Sally Hemming's children, just that at least one of her was the product of a relationship of at least one of the males from his bloodline.)
I really don't care. There is healthy behavior and unhealthy behavior. I suppose each and every person has a 'Right' to define this---the nation has laws and I'll just go with that.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:06 AM

3,303 posts, read 6,278,071 times
I would've beat him down and tossed him in the Chattahoochee River. What's with these grown-ass men sexing teenage girls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or