Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 AM

97 posts, read 355,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicdebt View Post
Once you join a club, are the green fees typically free for you once you are a member?
Green fees are free but have monthly dues and most clubs charge cart fees. Monthly dues typically run 300-500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 11:16 PM

13 posts, read 126,913 times
I am a member of Cherokee and Piedmont Driving Club. I can answer your questions.

Cherokee and Piedmont Driving Club both have membership initiation fees soaring above $90,000+.
You must be very well connected to join as it is by invitation only.

Peachtree Golf Club is capped at 150 plus.. and it's about as difficult as Augusta National to join.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:26 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,320 times
For the area of town you will be in (Atlanta is all about spending less time in the car), I would join either Atlanta Athletic Club or Dunwoody Country Club depending on what you can afford. Atlanta Athletic Club being the better of the two as far as golf. Both places you will have to know someone most likely to join to 'sponsor' you. That rule may be a little lax at Dunwoody CC given the state of the economy...could be wrong though.

Also, you can check out Sugarloaf (TPC Course).

Green Fees are included, but you will have to monthly dues and most likely cart fees (usually around $20).

Old 05-18-2010, 11:36 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,856,755 times
^^^^^^^

You DO still need two sponsors at Dunwoody Country Club. However, there are openings for Social Members in particular. You can later move up to full golf membership later as openings become available.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:18 AM

4 posts, read 95,277 times
I think the the Golf Glub of Georgia in Alpharetta is the nicest Golf Club in Atlanta.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai0709 View Post
I think the the Golf Glub of Georgia in Alpharetta is the nicest Golf Club in Atlanta.
Its probably not even in the top 10 of nicest golf clubs in Atlanta.

Off the top of my head, the following are nicer:

Ptree Golf Club
Capital City
Cherokee
Atlanta Athletic Club
Druid Hills
Ansley
Atlanta Country Club

Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 AM

59 posts, read 274,580 times
What about The River Club in Suwanee in Gwinnett County. This is where all the Atlanta Braves live now. I've been in there quite a few times and had lunch at the clubhouse, but never played the course. Minumum home price in there is over $1M so the golf has got to be expensive as well.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:16 AM

70 posts, read 295,824 times
You have to check out the Canongate clubs. It is very reasonable, they have 21 golf courses all around the Atlanta area. The only one I played was Hamilton Mill and that one alone will make you believe in God all over again. Standing on the 10th tee looking down the fairway I can only say "WOW".

Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 PM

5 posts, read 88,966 times
Atlanta Athletic Club, St. Ive's, or Sugarloaf. I would steer clear of Dunwoody as it is subpar in comparison.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:43 PM

Cherokee - You have to know someone. Expect initiation of 75-85k.

Atlanta Athletic Club - You have to know someone. Expect initiation to be slightly lower than Cherokee. Very nice facilities, course. Hosted US Open in recent history.

Peachtree Golf Club - Harder to get into than Augusta National. Go ahead and scratch it off the list.

If I was living in Duluth, I would look for something nearby.

Sugarloaf - Great facilities. TPC course.

Dunwoody CC - Great facilities. Haven't played the course, but heard is is decent. Expect something in the 40-60k range as far as initiation. (estimate may be a little high).

Horseshoe Bend - Not the best facilities, but fairly nice. Just came out of foreclosure. They are running some great deals on membership...especially for Intermediate (under 40). I am currently looking at this as an option.

Country Club of the South - Recently out of foreclosure. Running decent specials on initiation.

Golf Club of GA - Should be noted, this is a golf club only...no swin/tennis/gym. 36 holes of nice golf. Running very good deals right now...especially for junior members (under 40).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta